Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Da Boss"

Thanks very much for taking the time to explain some of the differences between the two programs. It is a very helpful explanation. It sounds like your saying after you make the “snapshot” and begin painting or whatever you can no longer rotate the image. Can you save the 3D file (the before “snapshot” file) and continue to manipulate it in 3D and take successive “snapshots? I’m very intrigued by your comments about the friendliness of the intuitive interface.

I am also very interested in animation! Gary and I talked about this before and he also suggested I try the demo’s. I have, so far, resisted because Windows (98) is so easily gummed up. I am considering going to Windows 2000 to help with this part of it and also to avoid Windows XP.

Thanks again and please keep posting these great images!

Bob C.

Thank you Earl and thank you Bob!

The answer to your question Bob is yes, absolutely. Once you snapshot the object, the tool is still active and you just drag your mouse or pen to recreate what you just snapshot as many times as you like. Then if you enter the edit mode before you snapshot it to the canvas, you can edit away to your heart's content, moving, scaling, rotating, colorizing, texturing,...the list goes on. And if you save the tool under different names as you go along, you can have different versions of it to be loaded up at any time during that session or any in the future.

And one other thing... Using a pressure-sensitive graphic pen like the Wacom Intuos or Graphire is the GREATEST! Not only for Zbrush, but Photoshop, XARA, Illustrator, and Painter do fantastically with it as well. Please forgive me if I'm saying something everybody already knows. I've only had mine a couple months and I can't figure out for the life of me why I waited so long to get one.

If you have any other questions that I can answer, please, just ask away. And get the darn demo! You'll get hooked too! And if I remember correctly, it doesn't put a bunch of junk in your registry like most programs do.

Danny Huff
    http://www.asherrocks.com
    (I'm the guy who USED to have a lot of excess hair)