Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just wondering if anyone has been messing around with the new "suite". I always feel the "odds" are more stable than the "evens". I have Corel 9 and 10, but I switched back to 9 after having a problem where the software wouldn't let me undo(ctrl z). I have Corel, Xara X and Illustrator and still find myself going to Corel when I have a design project. Corel needs to create a smoother more fluid freehand tool like Xara or Illustrator has.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Juggling_freak.jpg 
Views:	766 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	16271  
    IP

Just wondering if anyone has been messing around with the new "suite". I always feel the "odds" are more stable than the "evens". I have Corel 9 and 10, but I switched back to 9 after having a problem where the software wouldn't let me undo(ctrl z). I have Corel, Xara X and Illustrator and still find myself going to Corel when I have a design project. Corel needs to create a smoother more fluid freehand tool like Xara or Illustrator has.
    IP

The CGS 11 suite is good, I have been beta testing it and whilst waiting for the gold copy have been using the beta almost exclusively in preference to older versions of Draw. The beta's have been stable and reports from users who have been using the released version have been very positive,

Stop by the official Corel newsgroups hosted on the newsgroup server at

news://cnews.corel.com

for other opinions.

I will be moving my entire graphics publishing platform at work to Windows XP Pro / CGS 11 and Ventura Publisher 10 in September/October. Things are finally looking up, I was getting a bit worried to tell the truth, but I really feel Corel are back on track and have started to focus, long may it continue.

Lots of good stuff in the suite, but mostly a lot of work has been done to cure stability issues that plagued V10.

Peter

P.S. The undo issue in Draw 10 is a known problem, uncheck 'enable rollover' in the view menu to restore functionality

The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    IP

Thanks for the help...reinstalled 10 and its workin' like a charm (for now)! Will probably be getting 11 some time down the road. thanks again.

T.Gary
    IP

Nice graphic too.
    IP

My Main Graphic creating and manipulating software packages are CorelDraw and Xara.

I own CD suite 7 was gonna upgrade to 9 but heard about it being less than stable and 10 was worse, 7 has been a rock for me.

I also heard 10 had a "skippy" manual. I don't know exactly what that means but does CD11 have a complete set of manuals?

Nice Graphic too and thanks for the news group location.

Bob C.
    IP

Bob

Draw 9 is very stable on the operating systems it was desinged for but it does need both service packs (I actually run it under Windows XP and it is behaving impecably, though you sometimes need work arounds to get the service packs to install)

Draw 11 does come with a full set of manuals including a spiral bound clipart manual so it stays flat once opened.

Peter

IP

I've been working on CGS 11 now, I think it's very solid and behaves just as if it had 2 service packs already...

Dave G.
    IP

Thanks guys!

Sounds like a winner....about time!

Bob C.
    IP

11 appears to be a VERY stable release. It looks as if Corel has listened to its' users and made stability an important part of this release.
    IP