Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Just wondering if anyone has been messing around with the new "suite". I always feel the "odds" are more stable than the "evens". I have Corel 9 and 10, but I switched back to 9 after having a problem where the software wouldn't let me undo(ctrl z). I have Corel, Xara X and Illustrator and still find myself going to Corel when I have a design project. Corel needs to create a smoother more fluid freehand tool like Xara or Illustrator has.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Juggling_freak.jpg 
Views:	766 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	16271  
    IP

The endorsements I heard from everyone is the best I heard since 9. I don't mind those few bugs coz I don't do it that often (in fact never) myself. Your comments added icing on the cake.

Thanks Peter.

Lemme at 'em. Charge!!!!!

vee
    IP

Just wondering if anyone has been messing around with the new "suite". I always feel the "odds" are more stable than the "evens". I have Corel 9 and 10, but I switched back to 9 after having a problem where the software wouldn't let me undo(ctrl z). I have Corel, Xara X and Illustrator and still find myself going to Corel when I have a design project. Corel needs to create a smoother more fluid freehand tool like Xara or Illustrator has.
    IP

11 appears to be a VERY stable release. It looks as if Corel has listened to its' users and made stability an important part of this release.
    IP

I've been working on CGS 11 now, I think it's very solid and behaves just as if it had 2 service packs already...

Dave G.
    IP

Hi guys.

It feels like a century waiting for a new Crl version for months now. I've heard good reviews about v.11 from other places. This is one Corel fan who can't wait to get his hands on the new thing.

Peter C, is it really that stable compared to 10 or do you suggest to wait and see how the upgrade fixes will stand-up? How does it fair on wimME? And has RAVE improved over the last version? How does the whole package compare to v.9?

All I need is a go for this odd number version (the best I hope). Bad enough Corel prices it's products like the devil, I wouldn't want to spend like what I did last time only to get a bummer.

vee
    IP

Thanks guys!

Sounds like a winner....about time!

Bob C.
    IP

My Main Graphic creating and manipulating software packages are CorelDraw and Xara.

I own CD suite 7 was gonna upgrade to 9 but heard about it being less than stable and 10 was worse, 7 has been a rock for me.

I also heard 10 had a "skippy" manual. I don't know exactly what that means but does CD11 have a complete set of manuals?

Nice Graphic too and thanks for the news group location.

Bob C.
    IP

Thanks for the help...reinstalled 10 and its workin' like a charm (for now)! Will probably be getting 11 some time down the road. thanks again.

T.Gary
    IP

Nice graphic too.
    IP