Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I moved from hand created web pages to AdobeGoLive.

Like it very much and has features I've yet to master.

I have Namo WebEditor and have used Dreamweaver, but now I code my pages by hand with Topstyle. Lately I've been noticing that Namo makes odd code. At least when I code by hand as opposed to WYSIWYG editors, it's my own fault if the page doesn't work.
    --
    that's my 2 cents, but that's 2 cents CDN
    jamesthiago

Like most folk I don't like to waste money so I tried most of all the above editors and with some other packages costing over £300. I really wanted to be sure that the package I bought was "Right for Me" as my coding knowledge is fairly limited. What I mean by that,is that I could never publish a web site only using Note Pad but I can solve most problems when they arrive, and please remember there is always Google to help with the harder problems. The package that siuted me the best was GoLive 6. I know it is expensive and I will not use the Group working part of the package but it works for me. By the way my next choice would have been Front Page 2002.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Thanks, good suggestions. I have been using MX, and since my post have figured out how to work around some of my frustrations. I'm fiddling with golive, and I will probably check out NetObjects.

Thanks

http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/pu...sp?id_=1690997

I prefer HomeSite.
    An ultimate HTML-control.

===============
    alexander

email

ALBO Design
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I prefer HomeSite.
    An ultimate HTML-control.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Homesite is fast too. It comes free with Dreamweaver 3 and 4 since it was taken over by Macromedia. Many elements of Homesite have been incorporated into Dreamweaver MX

Tony
    Tony

I hate the fact that Dreamweaver MX is no longer WYSIWG. Tables with images don't align properly anymore and its because Macromedia changed the rendering engine. And you know what their solution is? Nothing. I am sticking with Dreamweaver 4, still the best editor out there for visual layout.

http://www.macromedia.com/support/dr...nts/strict.htm

Hi Sidewaysup. What is it about it that you dont like? I have been using DW since V3 and MX is a much improved bit of kit. Having said that, the FTP client and the CSS editor are (still) rubbish and the prog is full of useless things like convert layers to tables and vice versa. But if you plan to be a web professional there is nothing to touch it. Its become a standard like Photoshop, and for very good reasons. BUT, if you are not planning on doing it full time or even much of the time then yes, Namo is worth a look. If you really want nice and simple and are not too much interested in DHTML then you cant go far wrong with Web Express from www.mvd.com
    BTW the Dreamweaver newsgroup is one of the most useful and helpful forums there is - very like this place (and nothing like Adobe's) so you can always get a helping hand if you decide to go that route.
    Cheers

What's the link for the Dreamweaver newsgroup please.

AI have both Dreamweaver 4 and NetObects Fusion, use Dreamweaver all the time, never got to like Fusion. Started building sites in Layers, I use the Layers to Tables and then Tabels to Layers to center them on the page so they appear in the center of the browser, not sure how to do it in Layers otherwise. In Tasbles I just right click/align/center.

The newsgroup would be a big help...soooo much to learn

Brad Hagen
    Large Scale Planes
    http://www.kithobbyist.com/largescaleplanes/
    P-40 Warhawk
    http://kithobbyist.com/p40warhawk/