Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brad Hagen:
    I use the Layers to Tables and then Tabels to Layers to center them on the page so they appear in the center of the browser, not sure how to do it in Layers otherwise. In Tasbles I just right click/align/center.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yikes! Have you ever looked at the code that is produced by using those steps!? Its not a pretty site. But I know the frustration you feel. There are Dreamweaver extensions that enable you to centre layers much more elegantly. You can also centre a <DIV> manually but then you are no longer working WYSIWYG - but the final product works and is very sleek codewise.
    Google Dreamweaver group search

I like www.namo.com 's Web Editor 5.5 ... been using WE for a couple versions.

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/signature.jpg

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

For anyone wondering how dreamweaver's layers might be used - visit this example. I made some time ago (but alas it was never finished). I see now the layout isn't rendering in IE 5.5 as was intended but you can still see some layers in action. All the graphics were created in Xara.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

A lot of web designers are now creating their web pages using Flash MX. I'm currently taking a class at our local college. The course is centered around designing web pages using Flash. So far the main thing I've noticed is how easy it is to place things where you want them. Basically, you just plop your text, graphics, buttons, etc. where you want them and that's it. As I learn more I'll try to post here if anyone is interested.

Doug-O

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug-O:
    A lot of web designers are now creating their web pages using Flash MX. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    This is still not advisable unless you really know your target audience. Flash is brilliant for making little snippets of image, text, sound - general multimedia elements but I have seen very few examples of complete sites built with Flash that were not completely frustrating. I'm not a Flash Basher - I have been using it since V2 and MX is the best yet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>how easy it is to place things where you want them. Basically, you just plop your text, graphics, buttons, etc. where you want them and that's it.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Well that's exactly what you do with dynamic HTML, except you create containers - layers for your stuff. You still have the problem with Flash that every element has an absolute position on the screen.

a little birdy says it maybe worth keeping an eye on www.sausage.com the makers of Hotdog Pro..

after all its been over a year since they released anything newhttp://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Regards
    Carl Vaz
    Xara Group Ltd

Regards

Carl Vaz
    Regards

Carl Vaz