Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi folks,
    Sorry for the large file size. This was down sampled from more than a 2000 pixel width.
    I just wanted to post this as an example of using multiple applications for a project. The original (11 x 17 brochure) contains more content, but this example pretty well illustrates their uses. Xara was used for the deck profiles illustrations and page layout, Solid Edge for modelling, Bryce for rendering, and Photoshop for placing e.p.s.'s, textures, strokes and shadowing.
    I've only been at the whole graphics game for a relatively short time and this is about my 5 th full colour process job I've done. I've taught myself most everything (or little) I know through books and the internet. All I'm saying is, if I can do it ... anyone can.
    Matter of fact, I brought the file to the printers on Monday. I make it a habit not to just drop the file off, but politely ask if I can see it on their machine. Good thing too ... as a rookie, we quickly discovered that my black text was on all channels except the black one!! Something I rarely overlook, but this time I did.

Have a great day all... I'm off to the printers again.

Wayne

Hi folks,
    Sorry for the large file size. This was down sampled from more than a 2000 pixel width.
    I just wanted to post this as an example of using multiple applications for a project. The original (11 x 17 brochure) contains more content, but this example pretty well illustrates their uses. Xara was used for the deck profiles illustrations and page layout, Solid Edge for modelling, Bryce for rendering, and Photoshop for placing e.p.s.'s, textures, strokes and shadowing.
    I've only been at the whole graphics game for a relatively short time and this is about my 5 th full colour process job I've done. I've taught myself most everything (or little) I know through books and the internet. All I'm saying is, if I can do it ... anyone can.
    Matter of fact, I brought the file to the printers on Monday. I make it a habit not to just drop the file off, but politely ask if I can see it on their machine. Good thing too ... as a rookie, we quickly discovered that my black text was on all channels except the black one!! Something I rarely overlook, but this time I did.

Have a great day all... I'm off to the printers again.

Wayne

Hey that's great Wayne, nice work.
    Very 'clean'. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]