Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Well I've worked out the problem and you wouldn't believe it but it is connected to the Visibility Mask bug. Which can be viewed on this thread.

If you want to make a quick nozzle in Painter you should have the objects sitting on a layer with the rest of the layer transparent. Then group all the layers and select Make Nozzle from Group on the Nozzle or Brush palette and save then load. However if you select and delete the background in Photoshop then open the file in Painter although it will look the same as if you deleted the background in Painter, it won't work. This is due I suppose to the Vis Mask bug operating.

Picture 1(leavetest.psd) is the file made in Photoshop and Picture 2 is what it looks like after "Make nozzle from Group", notice white background. In Picture 3 on the right is the file with the background deleted in Painter which looks the same as Picture 1, but it isn't, this will work but the one imported from Photoshop won't work. On the left of Picture 3 you can see how it looks after "make nozzle from group" you can see how it is on a black background unlike Picture 2. Picture 4 is the working hose.

PS. ignore crap selections and images it's only a test.

[This message was edited by Thelonious on December 26, 2001 at 11:44.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	x.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	15199  
    IP

Well I've worked out the problem and you wouldn't believe it but it is connected to the Visibility Mask bug. Which can be viewed on this thread.

If you want to make a quick nozzle in Painter you should have the objects sitting on a layer with the rest of the layer transparent. Then group all the layers and select Make Nozzle from Group on the Nozzle or Brush palette and save then load. However if you select and delete the background in Photoshop then open the file in Painter although it will look the same as if you deleted the background in Painter, it won't work. This is due I suppose to the Vis Mask bug operating.

Picture 1(leavetest.psd) is the file made in Photoshop and Picture 2 is what it looks like after "Make nozzle from Group", notice white background. In Picture 3 on the right is the file with the background deleted in Painter which looks the same as Picture 1, but it isn't, this will work but the one imported from Photoshop won't work. On the left of Picture 3 you can see how it looks after "make nozzle from group" you can see how it is on a black background unlike Picture 2. Picture 4 is the working hose.

PS. ignore crap selections and images it's only a test.

[This message was edited by Thelonious on December 26, 2001 at 11:44.]
    IP