Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: color mode

I have got several questions on color mode in Coreldraw 10, can anyone kindly tell me the answer or show me where to get help? They are as follows:

If I use paint brush to create a pattern, what is the color mode of that pattern ? (after created that pattern , I select it as an object and look into the object property docker, I can’t find information on it’s color mode in the fill tab) I think I need to know the color mode (whether it’s RGB/CMYK) before I sent out for printing.

What is the possible color mode of an imported vector image ? Can I change the color mode of a vector image ? How ? (I can find the part of how to change the color mode in a bitmap image , but it seems that there is not much information on changing color mode in vector image.)
    IP

I have got several questions on color mode in Coreldraw 10, can anyone kindly tell me the answer or show me where to get help? They are as follows:

If I use paint brush to create a pattern, what is the color mode of that pattern ? (after created that pattern , I select it as an object and look into the object property docker, I can’t find information on it’s color mode in the fill tab) I think I need to know the color mode (whether it’s RGB/CMYK) before I sent out for printing.

What is the possible color mode of an imported vector image ? Can I change the color mode of a vector image ? How ? (I can find the part of how to change the color mode in a bitmap image , but it seems that there is not much information on changing color mode in vector image.)
    IP

I could be wrong because I am taking this from memory. I believe I have read that vectors have only one color mode - cmyk. When you convert a vector image to bitmap you can then choose to leave it as cmyk or change to rgb.
    IP

I don't use Draw 10 but I'll try to help, Corel Draw uses CMYK by default. Are you using a postscript pattern or a bitmap fill? in the menu somewhere you have a bitmaps menu, there you can convert bitmaps into any color model you choose. Postscript patterns would use the same color model you have chosen to use as your palette.
    IP

Hi, elinglim.

Open the color docker. You can check the color mode from there. You can also check the mode in the status bar.

If the vector shapes are grouped, the mode won't show on the status bar. You must ungroup the shapes first.

CMYK is the default of CrlDrw. I haven't come across a Corel vector image done in RGB. As Mike said, you can select the color mode for bitmap fills. A solid fill or pattern fill follows the default pallette. Don't worry, if in the event you do come across a vector image in RGB, it will print out well as CMYK.

dv8
    IP

Thanks for jumpin in Vee.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
    IP

Elinglim,

If you are sending this to a printer, and separations are going to be made, you definetly want everything in CMYK.

Open the drawing and then go to "document info" under the file menu. Scroll down until you get to "Fills" ... it will tell you if and how many objects are in what color mode.

If you look for them in a docker object window(is that the right name?), remember RGB has three numbers, CMYK four numbers...makes it easier to glance through and find the culprits.

Good luck

Mickie
    IP

Mickie, was it there in the doc window, too? version 9 or 10? Thanks for that info, man.

dv8
    IP

dv8, I'm using version 9. I'm not sure I understand your question... The object manager window lists all objects and their fills. It is especially useful for seeing the fill and line colors of items in a group, without actually ungrouping them. The fill/line color of a single selected item can be seen in the bottom right of the document window.

Mickie
    IP

I stand corrected. My CD10 uses cmyk by default (just as Mike said) but it also has the option to choose RGB as the default palette.
    IP