Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Relative Paths

How can I do relative paths using Xara Menu Maker? Whenever I key in a path like: /products/new.htm it automatically converts them to \products\new.htm and then in the .js file puts in a reference to file:////products/new.htm. I have to manually go into the .js file and change these to the relative path that I want every time I update a menu.

I also keep my menu in it's own folder (/menu) so that all pages on my site can go to the same place for it. I use directories for all the different categories on my site. In order to do this, I have to go into the .js file and manually remove loc+ from all of the relative file paths in the menus. I suppose I could use full URLs in the menus, but that's bad HTML to do so (IMHO).

Type it this way...

..\index.html

or in your case...

..\products\new.htm

This won't work when I'm two or three directories deep though, will it?

I know 2 works, heard that 3 brings you to the root from whereever... Test it... Might just work...

Well, I did test this. It would work only if I consistently used only one level of a sub-directory. If I used ..\products, then \products\page.htm would work, but \products\category1\page.htm would not work.

What I do to get past this is highlight all of the data from the menus, and remove all instances of loc+ and file:///

This works, but it's unfortunate that I have to modify this by hand every time I make a menu change.

Perhaps in the next release you could build support for this feature?