Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: patch

I had no problems with my installation on both the office and home computers. Haven't had time to explore everything yet. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Thanks Xara for the quick fixes.

Joan

I think they didn't say all in download page.

Seemingly noticeable improvements in pressure sensitivity and spacings between objects in brushes.

No crashes when going out this evening (that was relatively frequent previously when I used complex brushes).

They have very hardly worked I think !!!

ivan

The patch didn't work for me - at first! It stopped around a third of the progress bar and then announced it didn't succeed. I was HIGHLY annoyed! This is a well-oiled Win98 system (Mark G. has received my system specs earlier). Then I decided to uninstall my XaraX 1.0b and reinstall it, hoping that it was maybe my numerous customizations which gave The Patch trouble.

And I was right! So those who have trouble patching should try running The Patch over a fresh XX installation.

I'm very happy to see that transparent GIFs now work. Also, the Feathering now works fine on objects with gradated colors. Finally, the horribly slooooooow redraws of bevels on text - and the saving of files with many bevels - is now vastly improved, though such files still take a bit too long to open.

That's what I have seen so far.

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")