Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: patch

Hybrid View

Just visited Xara and they have made a patch for the cd version of Xara X available...

http://www.xara.com

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

the patch does have a problem, I just talked to XARA, and right after my call they pulled the message off.

Stay tuned!

jens
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

I had no problems with my installation on both the office and home computers. Haven't had time to explore everything yet. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Thanks Xara for the quick fixes.

Joan

The patch didn't work for me - at first! It stopped around a third of the progress bar and then announced it didn't succeed. I was HIGHLY annoyed! This is a well-oiled Win98 system (Mark G. has received my system specs earlier). Then I decided to uninstall my XaraX 1.0b and reinstall it, hoping that it was maybe my numerous customizations which gave The Patch trouble.

And I was right! So those who have trouble patching should try running The Patch over a fresh XX installation.

I'm very happy to see that transparent GIFs now work. Also, the Feathering now works fine on objects with gradated colors. Finally, the horribly slooooooow redraws of bevels on text - and the saving of files with many bevels - is now vastly improved, though such files still take a bit too long to open.

That's what I have seen so far.

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

This was posted earlier, but the posting has been cancelled... I downloaded the patch when it was first posted. It won't install on my machine.

Is there a problem with the patch? I wonder, because why else would the original post notifying us be pulled off the board?

Enquiring minds, etc.

Downloaded and installed it just too.
    Win 2K, no probs at all ...

Wolfgang

Just visited Xara and they have made a patch for the cd version of Xara X available...

http://www.xara.com

I think they didn't say all in download page.

Seemingly noticeable improvements in pressure sensitivity and spacings between objects in brushes.

No crashes when going out this evening (that was relatively frequent previously when I used complex brushes).

They have very hardly worked I think !!!

ivan

Please note that where the web site says "Exit ALL programs" this only means that you need to exit all normal programs such as Xara X, Word etc. There is no need to kill all the programs listed by the task manager. Sorry if this was not clear.

Jackie, Jens and anyone else having any problems with the patch, please could you email me details of the problems you are having so I can investigate these issues. In particular, details of any error messages displayed and information about how far the patch got would be very useful to me. It would also be very helpful to know which operating system you are using (including the service pack level, your version of IE, the nationality of the OS and your regional settings). Finally, if possible, please could you send me a directory listing of your Xara X folder.

We are very sorry about the problems you are having - hopefully we will have all of these issues cleared up very quickly.

Jonathan
    jonathanp@xara.com

I've just downloaded the patch, intalled it.
    No problems.

14h21 [standard easterm time - Canada ]
    must be ~20h00 in Europe

Dan. Fournier
    Explore the possibilities ! Blender 3D !