Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Is anybody else having trouble copying objects from Corel Draw 11 and pasting them on Photopaint? The process works fine for objects in page 1, but when doing a multi-page project, things copied from page 2 onwards would be pasted as blank layers in Photopaint. Really weird. So the process only works on page 1?
    IP

Is anybody else having trouble copying objects from Corel Draw 11 and pasting them on Photopaint? The process works fine for objects in page 1, but when doing a multi-page project, things copied from page 2 onwards would be pasted as blank layers in Photopaint. Really weird. So the process only works on page 1?
    IP

Hi Grafixman ...

I never noticed that before. You're right ... I can't do a copy/paste either. I guess you have to export the image. The problem seems to have been corrected in version 12. I tried a few between CorelDRAW12 and PhotoPaint12 and they worked fine. Might be time to upgrade if that is a major issue.

-Ed.
    IP

I'm not sure about upgrading. Peeking at the Xara X sections makes me really curious. Is XX really that fast? I know my Draw hangs on me a lot, and complicated illustrations with layered effects takes forever to render. There are also a lot of functions XX has that I can only wish for in Draw. Plus, RAVE sucks, while Photopaint is too cumbersome.
    IP

Yes, Grafixman ... XaraX really IS that fast ... but there's a reason for it. XaraX will not REPLACE your CorelDRAW. There are no multiple pages, label templates, dimensional tools, barcode wizard, scripting for creation of sequential numbering, etc, etc. XaraX is a fabulous graphics "tool" to add to your collection. It is possible of doing MOST of what you need a drawing package for ... plus it has the most awesome collection of "enhancement" tools ever assembled. Bevels, Feathering (that one is super cool), realistic drop shadows, transparency effects that don't bring your machine to a crawl, etc, etc. You can bring a bitmap image into XaraX and crop it (like you would do in Photoshop) ... then use the cropped bitmap as an object in your drawing. Do yourself a favor and download the trial version and play with it. I think you'll like it.

CorelDRAW12 is a bit faster than version 10 and 11. It's a bit more stable too. If you've used CorelDRAW for years you will probably want to upgrade ... but you might find yourself starting a drawing in Corel ... and finishing it in Xara.

-Ed.
    IP

Hi Graphixman,

Install Service Pack 2 for Draw11
    and your problem will be resolved. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif
    IP

I'm afraid the service packs are not for Chinese versions. The dll's installed in my version are later versions than those targeted by the service pack. There was a specific note in Corel's site that it would not work for CS/CT version, which is what I'm using. Thanks, anyway. Maybe it's just because I have too many things running in my box.
    IP

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Grafixman:
    Is anybody else having trouble copying objects from Corel Draw 11 and pasting them on Photopaint? The process works fine for objects in page 1, but when doing a multi-page project, things copied from page 2 onwards would be pasted as blank layers in Photopaint. Really weird. So the process only works on page 1?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>If u mean only page 1 is copied it literally means that you miss selecting the copy all pages... and paste. TRY doing it again>
    IP

No, Service Pack 2 for DRAW11 does’nt upgrade chinese version.

But DRAW12 corrects your copy/paste problem.
    IP

danipeli, what do you mean by "copy all pages"? Where do I find it?
    Guru_Boy... is the problem fixed when the service pack is applied to the English version of Draw 11? Would it be possible to use it for the chinese version without messing up the app?
    Also, with Draw 12, does the envelope tool or perspective tool work with power-clipped objects? The power clip function is great, but when I apply an interactive envelope or perspective distortion to the object, the clipped objects doesn't distort along with it, so it's not a good thing at all. Does 12 address this problem? Also, I often get funny vectors when I convert outlines to filled shapes. Lines, even simple ones, become open shapes with disjointed nodes sometimes. I'ts very troublesome to clean up. Is 12 any better?
    IP