Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Why doesn't the anchor work in the picture?

Hello,

I actually know how to set an anchor so that I end up where I want to go.

But with these flexible blocks it no longer works as it did before. I can't choose an anchor for the image. Or rather, it doesn't work here. I can only set the anchor in the text. But that means that the image in the target at the top disappears.

As in the example, I have 90 images, each with 3 images, text, and a button, in a row. 4 of these subpages have this style. When I click the green button, I want to go to the image on the next page and not to the text below. What can i do?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	anchor.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	135064

Default Re: Why doesn't the anchor work in the picture?

If I'm reading you correctly (it's always 50/50 with me), you can select an image you want to use as an anchor and give it a name: Utilities > Names
    Select your green button(s) and Utilities > Web Properties > Link (tab) > Link To Anchor (drop-down menu) and choose the name you gave the image.

If you are going to the next page, just select the green button(s), follow the above, but choose Link To (drop-down menu) and choose 'Next Page'. This may, or may not, work depending on how your pages are set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela1988 View Post
    Hello,

I actually know how to set an anchor so that I end up where I want to go.

But with these flexible blocks it no longer works as it did before. I can't choose an anchor for the image. Or rather, it doesn't work here. I can only set the anchor in the text. But that means that the image in the target at the top disappears.

As in the example, I have 90 images, each with 3 images, text, and a button, in a row. 4 of these subpages have this style. When I click the green button, I want to go to the image on the next page and not to the text below. What can i do?

Name:	anchor.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	135064
    Angela, this is because Xara has included Animation effects (Fade In) for its Web Blocks.
    In doing so, Xara hard codes in its own id for each element in the WB, replacing yours.

You can try by removing the animation.

If you keep it them select each image and Group it to itself. Then add your id to the new Group.
    If each of your WBs is three images across as shown then add an id to the WB itself by selecting it in the Page & Layer gallery.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Angela1988 View Post
    But with these flexible blocks it no longer works as it did before.
    Ooh, yes, you're 100% right, it doesn't work.

But...you can name the Block in the same way, and then it does work. Try it.

When I read your explanation, I thought: "Of course, it's logical Angela!!!"

I was even more surprised when, after heading to the anchor, the target (image) at the top of the desktop did
    not disappear and I could only see the text and the green button.

Strange... so I put all 3 anchors in the block with the 3 images and deleted the previous anchors.
    I don't think you can go too wrong with that. Does it work 100% for you?

Hello Acorn,

Thank you for your help!

I think you didn't understand me correctly, or I didn't express myself clearly enough. To put it simply again:
    After clicking on the green button that leads to another subpage, where there is also a block with 3 images in a row,
    I want to see the image and not just the text and the green banner underneath.

I really don't know which animation you're talking about that I can remove. With the non-flexible blocks, it's very easy
    to do by using a small rectangle as an anchor.

Chris M. understood me correctly and also provided a solution that made me think: "Yeah..., that's it!"
    But even if I put the 3 anchors from the images in the block and navigate to them, the image isn't visible at the top of the desktop,
    just the text and the green button. I had of course deleted the old anchors beforehand. Strange...

Yes, it woks 100% for me, presuming we're doing the same thing.

Flexiblock with 3 images grouped to 3 text areas. There's no need to group them, I was just too lazy to line them up.

Copied the whole block to the second page and changed the colour of each image for no reason whatsoever.
    Added a rectangle and Utilities > Web Properties > Link (tab) > Link To (drop-down menu) and chose Previous Page.
    Selected the whole block by clicking the green bit with the arrows and bin. Then, Utilities > Names and gave the block the name page2.

Back to page 1. Added 3 rectangles and set all 3 to Utilities > Web Properties > Link (tab) > Link To Anchor (drop-down menu) and chose page2.

Project file to play with >>> Angela.xar <<<

This is what I thought you wanted: Xara - Web Block Naming.xar

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Dear Chris M., your first explanation was short and sufficient. And of course it works that way.

In the preview (whole website) I had the problem that after moving to the anchor, I could no longer see the 3 images in the web block.
    I followed my intuition and uploaded the website despite this "error". And lo and behold... the error is gone and it works.

The problem with the preview (whole website) is that the cache is causing problems in the background. The website has been online with
    the old error for 2 months.
    Hence the data for the cache. Thank you for successfully helping me with this

I was too happy too soon.

In every block with 3 images or 3 anchors, only 1 anchor works, but not all 3.
    And I have configured all the other images and anchors in the same way.
    I checked this very carefully before asking if anyone knows what the problem might be.

Name:	web-block-anker.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	135083