Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Resizing images

Default Re: Resizing images

I didn't miss what you said, I was trying to offer a complete answer and the point I was making it is easy to think you've held down the Alt key before dragging but I still get out of sequence.

Selector Tool:

• (ST Off &) middle drag --> Stretch a.k.a. Fill
    • (ST On &) LeftAlt down + middle drag --> Stretch

• (ST On &) middle drag --> Grow a.k.a. Cover or Contain
    • (ST Off &) LeftAlt down + middle drag --> Grow

My personal preference in bold.

I tried these on you XAR file and all work as I offer here.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; Today at 10:09 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Resizing images

In case everyone is talking at cross purposes, I recorded a video with the bitmap being stretched without ALT being held down with and then without Smart Transform being on, then with ALT being held down with Smart Transform off, and then finally without it.

See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvsAbKcOuQg - charliescoffee are you not seeing the same thing?

Are you sure that the ALT key on your keyboard works? (you can test it on a site like this one)

This is on a fresh install of Xara Designer Pro+ on a brand new PC, with the "new style" blob handles still enabled. I'd normally turn them off (but even with them off, the behaviour is the same)