Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
James, welcome to TalkGraphics.

in reply:
1. No one knows. ...
Thank you very much, both of you.
Both posts confirm what I suspected.

1. OK. Based on that, my safest path is to consider it as probably an end of product line situation (and buy it as that, no expectations), or, at least counting only with the current version, anything else would come as a nice surprise.
Still fine, for me. For example, it has export to PDF/X-1a:2001. Affinity Designer has only PDF/X-1a:2003 (plus PDF/X-3:20003 and PDF/X-4), which is sometimes required by some very particular client or company, and they can be very strict with that...instead of just using PDF/X-4. And it counts on many export formats and other advantages. It is good for me to have it as an extra tool. The features for regular design work (not counting hand drawing, but I can get that with other tools) are pretty much what I need, with what it has now. So, even if the paid upgrades would only be maintenance versions to keep up with Windows (when and if it really breaks things), that'd be fine for me.

2. So, for example, with Windows 12, it could be its goodbye, I see. I will get it before the special offer ends, though; I just wanted to know better which was the situation.

3. What I suspected, too, then. I would keep doing that thing with my other tools, then.

4. Oh, it was just in case there were some brilliant pair of threads or something already made about it. I got it to work nicely with the tweaks in settings I already made with the demo. It's just that when inking without smoothing, a few lines introduce already several hundreds of nodes, so, noticing it not fully snappy (until changed the settings), I predicted a complex drawing could end up "heavy". But I think I will manage, with my tweaks, and as probably will just bring in the already inked drawing (an svg or etc) from another vector software (Inkscape, Affinity, etc). But it seems that inking with no smoothing, and applying a smoothing at the end could work for not too complex vector drawings, just fine. My machine? It's a Ryzen 9 3900X (getting old, I know), 32GB RAM, 3060 12GB nvidia GPU. But a hybrid situation with disks (SSD for the OS, yet HDD for apps and files... I know, it's 2024, etc... )

Thank you very much, Acorn.