Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Some questions about Designer Pro (v20, perpetual license)

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    paintstorm studio looks interesting... rebelle looks more like artrage or corel painter, not that you can tell for sure without trying...
    It's exactly that kind of thing.
    But... I have the three of them... And Rebelle gets imo the most realistic traditional media imitation. Specially its watercolors (they happen to have now my favorite oils, too, and that was not the case before). Corel Painter is good, but that heavy UI is definitely not for me... That's a personal preference, though. Other than that, it is very powerful. Art Rage can do bigger canvases without tricks (no need of nanopixel, like Rebelle does). Corel P. can work with big canvases, high resolution, too. Paintstorm's UI is quite good and intuitive, it is learned in minutes, it does not mimic traditional media as well as the other two, but allows a lot of very good things and digital painting in a "painterly style" (if so desired. You can paint in whatever style with it) and in a way is more versatile, covers more fields. None of these are really focusing on manga/cartoons, but one could use them for such, just like you can use Clip Studio for realistic illustration -I do- although initially was created for mostly manga comics making. Pricing is another matter, as usual. Corel Painter's permanent license costing 430 dollars (but around 25$ like once a year for some days, if one pays attention to humblebundle), Art Rage Vitae for Desktop (btw, for Windows, it can only be purchased and installed as an app of the MS store!) around 80 bucks, Paintstorm around 50 (it also shows up in Humble for half that price, or did for once, recently). For comics (and animation with csp and krita), Clip studio, PaintTool Sai or Krita are quite enough, IMO, it would not make sense to get any of the others for that.

Again, thank you for the info about Designer Pro.

Default Re: Some questions about Designer Pro (v20, perpetual license)

you are welcome

xara is a great app for vector art contruction with shapes, and for basic compositiing tasks
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...