Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Favicon question

I’ve a favicon for a website that is working fine.

Now I must change the favicon. Will the present favicon be written over, or does the present favicon have to be deleted, then produce the new one. I’ve tried writing over but it doesn’t seem to be working. Thanks everyone.

Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Default Re: Favicon question

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    I’ve a favicon for a website that is working fine.
    Now I must change the favicon. Will the present favicon be written over, or does the present favicon have to be deleted, then produce the new one. I’ve tried writing over but it doesn’t seem to be working. Thanks everyone. Bill
    Bill, as you can't really have two on the go together.
    Move the present favicon off the design page then remove the favicon Name.
    Add the favicon Name to your new shape.
    Help on Favicons:
    You can use only one 'favicon' per website. The object can reside on any of the pages within your document and does not need to be repeated to all pages. It will also not be shown on the webpage upon export.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat