Quote Originally Posted by Thev View Post
Thanks Acorn,
How are you seeing multiple/duplicate links, as I do not see the same thing? Knowing this could help me troubleshoot the solution.
I have scrapped this Nav bar and started fresh in the past, but end up with the same issues with the mouseover. I will experiment with different Nav bars to see if the issue will now go away in v20. I will also make a point of reviewing/deleting the ..._xar_files to make sure nothing is stranded (as I now think this is why replacing the Nav bar didn't solve the issue in the past, stranded file remnants).

Regarding your Demo; might I ask how you achieved the two lines of text? When I attempt to add new text, it reverts to a single line. I also see that in the Nav Bar menu that all 2 lined text appears without a space between the text. In any case, I'd interested in learning how you did that if you have the time.

Regarding the two text lines, I want to achieve this for a Nav bar for another web project in where I have piles of information to present in HTML format on different pages. If I could be more descriptive on the Nav bar page buttons, it would be advantageous for the project and look more professional.
Thanks Acorn,
Thev, I don't have your design file.

All i did was scrape over the NavBar text, selecting all, and pasted into a text editor.
The extra labels appears. I therefore had to assume that you had displayed objects on the MouseOver layer.

Purging all these would be a drag so build a new NavBar from scratch deleting all and everything from MOff and MOver layers connected with your existing NavBar.

I chose a suitable NavBar and edited into it and picked Ungroup to edit graphics.
Next I deleted all but the first button and removed the Soft Group and then deleted the MOver objects.
You are then left with a Text Area and a Shape, Grouped. You can created these directly if you have your own design.

Make sure the Text Area will hold two lines of text with a small Line spacing.
Change the height of the shape.
Recentre text and shape.
Clone the Group and altered colours.
Move this Group to the MOver layer.
Soft-group both Groups.
Clone across for the required number of buttons.
Create a NavBar from these.

Now edit directly into each button and change the top line and bottom line separately.
Choose the NavBar is set for all buttons to be the same width or fit to text.
Add links and sub-menus...

Clone the NavBar and Ungroup to edit graphics and you get a collection of properly spaced-out Buttons.
Use this for top-level NavBar.
Use the NavBar when you have sub-menus.

For your other project, don't use a NavBar, use a Text Panel.
I tried Smart Text Panel 17:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Text Panels.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	182.7 KB 
ID:	134834

Far more flexible.
Remember to untick Underline Text links and use common website link colours.

Acorn