Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Affinity sold to Canva

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    our beloved leaders
    I didn't know you did standup!

Hello from Uxbridge & South Ruislip, where the roads are painted blue, and three general elections proved that they could literally put up a clown and it'd get voted in.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    I didn't know you did standup!

Hello from Uxbridge & South Ruislip, where the roads are painted blue, and three general elections proved that they could literally put up a clown and it'd get voted in.
    Daniel, in keeping with TG's political impartiality, other buffoons are available for reelection.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

mea culpa, I should have made clear wannabes were included, thanks

so, back to animal farm...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    I bet there have been more crisis and reputation management meetings in the last 24hrs than they had meetings about strategy and the size of the cheque in the months they were formulating the transaction.

I don't think they expected the ferocity of the bonfire they've found surrounding themselves.

I wonder who might be sniffing around Xara or the embers of Magix.
    I wondered that myself Daniel. The flames from their forums continue. It appears that many moved to Afinity after the Adobe subscription model , and nightmarishly it’s happening again to those users. I’ve been there with Macromedia apps.
    I too was surprised with Canva equity. I’ve used a free version for some Facebook ads but nothing more. Very simple. The paid version is total plug and play with a raft of content for $ per month. I can’t see a hybrid Canva/Designer app but one never knows. Last time I checked the AF forums they were posting drawings of tombstones. I’ll stick with my versions picked up for a song during Covid. It was a too good to be true price.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    received an email from affinity/canva with more reassurance, the bottom line being:

Attachment 134777

I hope the pledges mean more than some our beloved leaders have been making of late
    Pledge 3 - seems quite a shrewd move

I've not been following the conversations on the Affinity forums (life's too short), but I LOL when I saw the picture of three coffins!
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Pledge 3 - seems quite a shrewd move
    since affinity are 'an adobe alternative' and I have no reason to believe that will change for now at least, it mkes a whole load of sense

I have a feeling serif used to do this back in the day with drawplus, but I could be wrong...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

At the end we can only wait and see, hoping for the best.
    And that's the same here with Xara Designer Pro too.
    We were all waiting for Xara give us a Perpetual versione beside the subscription one.
    It looks like that this Is not as very clear as and intention as it may be, we will see.
    Marco.

Marco, regarding a perpetual version, Xara have published this page (accessed via the 'Buy Now' button).

https://www.xara.com/designerpro/v20/

Not sure but I think there are still some unanswered questions about bug fixes and updates.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022