Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Designer Pro+ subscription changes

For a time I subscribed to "Xara Team+" to have three licences for Designer Pro+ (I only needed two, but Team+ for three licences was cheaper than two separate Pro+ licences). I went back down to Pro+ on the last renewal because I only need a licence for myself now.

As of today, the "Pro+" licence has been replaced with "Xara Cloud Scale" which includes three licences. So, anyone who had a Xara Cloud Pro+ subscription, you now have a Xara Cloud Scale subscription... and if you go to the Users & Permissions page of the Xara Cloud website, you can invite two more people to use the Xara Designer Pro+ desktop programs

I don't think anyone using just a Designer Pro+ subscription without the Xara Cloud access (for £192+vat per year) would see any change, but it does mean that at £20+vat a month for Xara Cloud Scale, that three users would be only £48+vat a year more than one.

In addition to the two free users, Xara say they're not putting up the price for existing subscribers, and the price was already discounted. Bargain. It must be the only bill of the year that hasn't increased, and one of the few where shrinkflation has worked in reverse! Thank you, Xara

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro+ subscription changes

Daniel, I agree, it does seem a step change.
    As each user can seemingly download XPro+ onto two installations, it would mean I could operate across six different systems.

Meanwhile here's a new name to conjure with: ScaleXtric - an mnemonic for "Is Xara Scale​ a trick"?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro+ subscription changes

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    As each user can seemingly download XPro+ onto two installations, it would mean I could operate across six different systems.
    The EULA says two machines but it must be four in practice - I got this last year after replacing both my desktop and laptop

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Four devices.png 
Views:	57 
Size:	165.7 KB 
ID:	134774