Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Homepage address has changed

I think the server company my website is housed on upgraded the server so it's more secure. If I go to the home page at https://rmhs79.com/ Then visit one of the other pages in the navigation menu it's fine. But, when I click on "Home" it doesn't take me to home I just get a white page saying "page not found". My home page is called index.htm, should I change it to something else?

Default Re: Homepage address has changed

trnhockey1 you don't appear to have on your server.

Looking at your home page link above it appears to go to Your home page seems to point to In otherwords if you get a blank page and remove the /index.htm part and replace it with /# this works.
    Without seeing your website file structure I can't help further.

Try Exporting your site to your local computers hard-drive and see if it produces an index.htm file which I'm sure it will. Then look at your site using filezilla and view what's uploaded and what's different.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    trnhockey1 you don't appear to have on your server.

Looking at your home page link above it appears to go to

Your home page seems to point to

In otherwords if you get a blank page and remove the /index.htm part and replace it with /# this works.
    Without seeing your website file structure I can't help further.

Try Exporting your site to your local computers hard-drive and see if it produces an index.htm file which I'm sure it will. Then look at your site using filezilla and view what's uploaded and what's different.
    That was it sir, thank-you so much for your advice and help! Todd

Glad to have helped
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Todd, I think the NavBar you have is at fault.
    The Home link may have been set to # where it ought to be Link to: Page: index.
    This means Home will not have a click action when on the index page but has a Link to return to it from elsewhere.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat