Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Zone and Xara Designer Pro+ help links not working

I tried to go to xara xone today and it isn't functioning. Also tried movies and some other help links from the Designer Pro+ Help Menu, and they error also. "Unable to connect to databaseUnable to connect: Unknown MySQL server host 'mysql' (110)" Anyone else having the same issue? Thanks.

Nancy

Default Re: Xara Zone and Xara Designer Pro+ help links not working

same here with V20

EDIT

and also unable to access in V15.1 'Navigation to the webpage was cancelled'
    forgot: not applicable for V15.1 as it's blocked in firewall anyway
    Last edited by handrawn; 14 March 2024 at 04:49 PM.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

All good here so I assume Xara has rebooted.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

movies link still same here - cleared local cache just in case - both firefox and edge - might be ISP cache I suppose
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Movie link = Unable to connect to databaseUnable to connect: Unknown MySQL server host 'mysql' (110)
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

My first opening of XPro+ v23.7.0 today came with a "Could not connect with Xara servers" or similar.
    It then showed a Trial days left of 0 and and Upgrade button.

I tried accessing the Elements website and noted:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-15 102512.png 
Views:	57 
Size:	141.7 KB 
ID:	134746

I closed the app and re-open it.
    Everything kicked in properly and Element v24.2 is still presented.

The Help file is still only showing Product Update to v23.4!
    The Content Update is still at 05 July 2023, although the XPro+ Elements is including Saint Valentine; the Release Notes have http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/des...Anchor:58O0b4M for 07 February 2024.
    So I tried https://www.xara.com/designerpro-plus/whats-new/ and found XPro+ firmly at v23.7 as at 21 February 2024.
    Xara Cloud Latest Updates at https://docs.xara.com/en/collections...latest-updates do not give a clue to any XPro+ set up.
    It is also very difficult to determine what version Xara Cloud is running under.

Throw in Xara WB Perpetual v20 and you can see why the Xara servers are having a hissy-fit.

@Xara - do you have any document management plan?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by yellowbird View Post
    I tried to go to xara xone today and it isn't functioning. Also tried movies and some other help links from the Designer Pro+ Help Menu, and they error also. "Unable to connect to databaseUnable to connect: Unknown MySQL server host 'mysql' (110)" Anyone else having the same issue? Thanks.

Nancy
    Hi Nancy,

We performed some maintenance on older systems that unintentionally broke a few sites and links. All systems should be up and running at the end of last week. If you (or anyone) finds broken links going forward, then we would appreciate you contacting us directly through the chat at www.xara.com or through the form at www.xara.com/contact-us

Thanks,
    Matt