Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Filling out a pdf

I’ve got a long grant application I have to fill out. Can we edit a pdf in Xara yet. There’s a number of pdf editors, but it’s all third party.

Thanks all,
    bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Default Re: Filling out a pdf

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    I’ve got a long grant application I have to fill out. Can we edit a pdf in Xara yet. There’s a number of pdf editors, but it’s all third party.
    Thanks all, bill
    Bill, you asked a year ago and Matt Bolton replied in https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...476#post653476.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Egg. I believe you can now with Xara cloud.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    Thanks Egg. I believe you can now with Xara cloud.
    Egg?
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

It might also depend on the program that made the PDF. I got a new patient form in PDF but when I tried to edit it in Acrobat Reader it shoved the words about which was no good.

Then I downloaded a trial copy of the latest version of Acrobat Reader and it still did not work. So I cancelled the subscription because $20 a month is a bit pricey for something I use once or twice a year.

And it deleted my previous pre-subscription version of Acrobat. But to Adobe's great credit one of their chat support persons pointed me to my product and I was able to download and register my paid for version.

I am confused. Are you asking if Xara can edit a PDF form that was sent to you or are you trying to make a editable form for a web site?
    If it's the first one, then I have been using Xara for years to edit PDFs. Unless the form is just a picture that has been made into a PDF, then you should have no problem.

Some forms, like Docusign where you need to use their service to modify and sign you will not be able to modify their PDFs.

Ray