Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: I would be grateful if anyone would identify this font for me please

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Italic?
    I don't have--nor do I believe there ever was--an italic version.

Even my Adobe Font Folio 11 has only regular, italic and bold (no bold italic). The italic is a "true" italic version of regular.

Skewing bold like in olden times in software matched the sample.

Default Re: I would be grateful if anyone would identify this font for me please

Thank you very much

Thank you
    Well, I would be happy if I have the italic style that keep the a as a, when I select the italic style the a is the closed one. I forgot to say that I am using Inkscape to design this poster, I could easily use the italic "style" from century old style in any program except in Inkscape, quite tricky. Ah, and the J is different as well, I think I gave up
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Century old style .jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	134734  
    Last edited by LeoManchester; 12 March 2024 at 08:21 PM. Reason: adding

Many thanks Chris, It's funny when I select Italic the but it's different, thanks anyway

Thanks all
    I forgot to say that I am using Inkscape to design this school poster, I am able to easily use the bold and the italic style in any programe (specially MO). However, not in inkscape, that's why I asked if you converted the text to Path, ......etc.
    Also when I select italic in inkscape the a is different
    Anyway, I give up, I think it's quite difficult

Thank you all
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

ID:	134736  

Oh. also the J is different, such a shame
    Thanks allClick image for larger version. 

Views:	32 
ID:	134737Click image for larger version. 

Name:	font22.png 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	134738

Yes Italic, I have to say I have replied yesterday and today, but it seems I still don't know how this site work, I'm quite ignorante, I have also attached another Jpeg but I can't see it

Hi all

How ignorante I am, it seems that I am replying to myself and no one see the rely, how stupid 🙈
    I have also attached another file that I only see, 🙈I'll try to post it again
    Many thanks