Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi all! Am transitioning from Xara to CorelDraw (because of new job). Question...what is the best way to specify a high resolution image (for a logo) in CorelDraw 12 - intended for eventual enlargment for signage, posters, billboards, etc.? And HOW do I do it? It seems that CorelDraw only allows a rendering resolution of 300 dpi (via Tools->Options->Workspace->General)??? Thanks in advance!
    IP

Unless you are dealing with bitmaps and not vectors, then scaling is not a factor since vector graphics scale beautifully.

However, you can design exactly at the dimensions you need, you can make a custom page albeit you may be measuring in feet and inches (I'd make the units consistent, just inches for example).
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Don't go overboard when specifing bitmap resolution for large format printing.

For magazines and other print jobs a bitmap resolution of around 300 pixels per inch is a typical rule of thumb, but this is for something viewed at no more than arms length.

One larger, screen print job I have did was designed to be viewed from at least 10 feet away and at this distance you can drop the resolution, you will need to experiment, but I got good results with bitmaps at 120 pixels per inch.

Note these are for 'photograph' type bitmaps.

For 'clean' lines in logos they should be created as a vector graphic that, as has been mentioned already, scales to the resolution of the print device, if output correctly.

HTH

Peter
    The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    IP

Just to add.

The rendering res is "not" restricted to 300dpi. You should be able to set it to any desired res.

Sark
    IP