Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: page numbering

Unhappy page numbering

In Xara photo & Grahic designer, the instruction how to insert page numbers apparently is not valid; use the "insert" in the menu bar.
    The "insert page number" does not exist here, the help page instruction says so

Default Re: page numbering

Are you referring to a book/printed piece or a website Kenn?

I'm using Designer Pro+ and the attached is where this feature appears. But I am not sure about Photo and Graphic Designer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Insert Page Number.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	134638  

Kenn, welcome to TalkGraphics.

If you are using the Plus on-line Help then the filter for your product needs to be set.
    For P&GD+ there is no such option.

If you can get hold of a Xara Template that has page numbering (from a trial) then you can add that to your Template list and it will work.
    Another opportunity might arise should a TGer have presented a page-number design in prior Threads.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

If you can get hold of a Xara Template that has page numbering (from a trial) then you can add that to your Template list and it will work.
    Another opportunity might arise should a TGer have presented a page-number design in prior Threads.
    So, if I understand what you are saying, but not saying, is if Kenn posts a layout of what he is looking for with an example, someone here could create a page he could use for the page number?

And if so, would this XAR file work in PGD?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    So, if I understand what you are saying, but not saying, is if Kenn posts a layout of what he is looking for with an example, someone here could create a page he could use for the page number? And if so, would this XAR file work in PGD?
    Gary, say Kenn read https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...951#post659951 and tired to open it in P&GD+ then it would complain a lot but open and he might then find copying the Repeating group at the bottom of the first page and then pasting into a design file, which he could make into a Template, then yes.

Someone else might just copy a US Letter / A4 1-column design file and upload that here.
    I would leave that decision to the them and the Xara thought police.

I personally do not think it is an issue as an individual (Kenn) might access a trial and do the same themselves.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi

It is regarding Xara Photo & Graphic designer V20
    the help file says

, inserting a page number,

The instruction is in accordance with:

https://helpandsupport.xara.com/xara...text_handling/

it says

: Adding page numbers
    "To add page numbers into your document - use the Insert menu to select Page number and choose a number format and a page position from the Insert page number dialog."
    However the Insert menu do not have this optionClick image for larger version. 

Name:	2024-02-26.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	134685
    Subsequently there is no access to the page number dialog.
    I have approached Xara about this matter as i concider this matter to be a bug. I do not expect much respond as it is a ont time payment

Best regards Kenn

Kenn, there isn't a XP&GDv20. You image also is showing an early UI so I think you have XP&GDv19 or earlier.

It may be unfortunate that the Help seems to show you have the capability but Page Numbering has never been there for XWD or XWDP either.
    It is poor product filtering on Xara's part.

The killer is https://helpandsupport.xara.com/xara...ert_menu.html:
    Page number (Designer Pro only)
    Inserts a page number and specifies its position. See Adding page numbers for more info.
    The main giveaway is you will not have any Templates with page numbering added.

Have you not looked at the earlier Posts offering suggestions on how to gain a page-numbered template?

Acorn

Hi Acorn

When visiting https://workspaces.xara.com/ i can see my account an the software I bought i January:
    :Photo & Graphic Designer v20, lifetime, 1 license(s)
    I have previously had xara page and lay out designer 11

The web address for purchase the v 20 is below:

https://www.xara.com/designerpro/v20...m_medium=email

Quote Originally Posted by Kenn View Post
    Hi Acorn

When visiting https://workspaces.xara.com/ i can see my account an the software I bought i January:
    :Photo & Graphic Designer v20, lifetime, 1 license(s)
    I have previously had xara page and lay out designer 11

The web address for purchase the v 20 is below:

https://www.xara.com/designerpro/v20...m_medium=email
    Kenn, thank you. If you paid £180 then you got Xara Designer Pro Perpetual v20. There is no P&GD v20.

What you bought should have Page Numbering.

I mentioned the UI looked wrong so perhaps you are not actually running v20.
    @handrawn has it and he may check.

Check your Help About to see what you are running.

Acorn

hi ken - your link is for Designer Pro V20 [not Photo and Graphic Designer]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...