Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Copy & Paste Not Working Correctly in NEW Xara Designer Pro+ Ver. 23.6.1.68538

Hi again everyone...
    So, has anyone else experienced this problem? I try copying and pasting text and the paste does something crazy. Originally I was trying to make just a rollover text button, simple one word text, one on the mouseoff layer, and then a different color of the word on the mouseover layer. But when I copied the text and tried to paste it on the mouseover layer, in place, it pasted the text/word way off the page and also had a bounding box (marquee) that was huge. Way larger than just the word. I've tried pasting in place. I've tried to just paste in general. I've tried pasting on the SAME layer just to see what would happen and got the same result every time. I have also tried using hotkeys for copy (ctrl c) and paste (ctrl v) and also tried the command from the file menu. Also, the copy/paste function works fine in all my other programs with no issues.

SECOND TEST...I tried the same copy/paste with an image and the same result happened. I then tried a new blank page, imported a photo, tried to copy and paste a photo, and on the paste command I got an error message that claimed "The clipboard doesn't contain anything Xara Designer Pro+ can paste". I replicated this multiple times.

THIRD TEST...I tried to copy and paste a simple text word on a new blank page and on the copy command a "warning popped up" not an error, but a warning that stated, "Spurious internal error has occurred."

So, I'm very confused. I have tried closing and reopening the program, which is brand new by the way. I finally clunked down the moola to upgrade to the latest and greatest new version, and I quickly found out that it might be the latest, but not the greatest! haha Any help on this would be great if anyone knows what's going on.

Thanks,
    Tazz

Default Re: Copy & Paste Not Working Correctly in NEW Xara Designer Pro+ Ver. 23.6.1.68538

Tazz, come back and advise if running as Administrator sorts it out.

I reckon it will.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Copy & Paste Not Working Correctly in NEW Xara Designer Pro+ Ver. 23.6.1.68538

Haha Acorn, does it again! Thank you Acorn. Wow as many times as you fix my crap, you're gonna have to send me a bill LOL. Man, so many issues happening, and such a simple fix I should have thought of. wth? I just didn't think all that would happen from that. Thanks again for the help, as always it's greatly appreciated!

Tazz

Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    Haha Acorn, does it again! Thank you Acorn. Wow as many times as you fix my crap, you're gonna have to send me a bill LOL. Man, so many issues happening, and such a simple fix I should have thought of. wth? I just didn't think all that would happen from that. Thanks again for the help, as always it's greatly appreciated!
    Tazz
    Tazz, it is not a Xara issue, rather it is how Windows handles it Link Libraries. Other operating systems Android, Linux and maybe even Apple deal with newer libraries without having to reboot or run at a higher privliege.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

as a matter of interest - would you say the windows approach is more cautious, or simply less flexible... or for that matter, something else
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    as a matter of interest - would you say the windows approach is more cautious, or simply less flexible... or for that matter, something else
    Barking?
    I am a fan of RISC OS and it had DLL equivalence but any running application could be running a different library version to another application without conflict. A new library was just the change of a pointer. An old library could never be deleted until all applications stopped using it. The libraries were quite small so could easily be in system or application space.

Acorn

ok just curious - windows is a bit like xara, sometimes hamstrung by decisions made long ago....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Well, I appreciate the useful advice. It worked. So to anyone else who encounters this issue, Acorn's suggestion ("running it as Administrator") fixed it immediately. My copy and paste were nightmarishly all over the place, totally out of control . I have no more problems! Thanks again Acorn.