Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Question regarding buttons

As an excercise I’ve been practicing making buttons. Two questions …

1. It’s quite a laborious task. Does one keep their button arrangements for other uses. I’d imagine one would have too.

2. I dragged one of the new ready made buttons to have a play. I realize it does not have anything in the mouseOver layer. They plugged them altogether. So the over state is now on the same layer. I don’t understand the difference.

Thanks all.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Default Re: Question regarding buttons

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    As an excercise I’ve been practicing making buttons. Two questions …

1. It’s quite a laborious task. Does one keep their button arrangements for other uses. I’d imagine one would have too.

2. I dragged one of the new ready made buttons to have a play. I realize it does not have anything in the mouseOver layer. They plugged them altogether. So the over state is now on the same layer. I don’t understand the difference.

Thanks all.
    Xara made a hash of buttons with MOver / MOff where you had to group the shapes on each layer then soft-group across layers.
    Problenms arose with MOver was hidden and people Ctrl-clicked and changed the text or layout but didn't alter the MOver ones.
    Also with later changes to Grouped items you have text and shapes properly separated but the hover action would go wacky with jumps and animations out od sync. It also depended on text justification.

The new button style tries to overcome all this but at the cost of UI confusion and extra code to handle the hover.

Far easier to build buttons through styling alone acting on just text.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat