This is/was just a testing ground and play using the 23.7 release. I don't own or rent Xara, but have access through a customer. This customer invariably calls me after an update because something breaks. We had two sites that used a single page, made with blocks, that were displayed through an iframe on their main sites. The customer opened up the latest version of Xara to update a single picture, only to be told that the whole page is now a bunch of groups and not blocks. "Do not panic" says I. "Cross my palm with silver (again) and I'll rebuild the page." However, imagine my dismay when I can no longer make a single page, nor can I use a standard page anymore. No worries, I'll just delete the variant...can't do that either. I ended up making the main 720px wide, and pretending the mobile didn't exist. Not very professional, and I'll be looking to revert to tables and photo galleries.

Here's a link to the site I'll be talking about below >>> index (auzlink.net.au) <<<
The .xar project file is attached so you can 'follow along'.

My observations:
Can't paste in place, as ctrl+shift+V doesn't paste inside the block. I tried ctrl+shift+v+alt to see if that would paste in place inside the block. The universe tilted violently, planes fell out of the sky and the oceans dried up.

The mobile variant disappeared altogether, to be replaced by Main(2). Main is now Main(1) and they are identical twins. No amount of ctrl+z would restore the mobile variant, and now we can't delete variants either. I banished the whole thing to the bowels of the earth and pulled a working version from the auto backup folder.

Flexible blocks just aren't, unless you only have one thing in each block. On the Synthwave page, for reasons unknown, a flexible block with two objects (an SVG and a jpeg) decided to be wider than the page. I couldn't alter the width, nor height of the block, and at some point the whole thing simply disappeared. I later found it at the very top of the pasteboard when I altered the zoom to 10%. It's still there today, and probably will be forever.

I placed two text areas in a freehand block. There's only one in the mobile variant. Makes me wonder what else may go AWOL.

Annoyances:
Why can't I delete a variant?
Why MUST I have a variant in the first place?
Why can't I marquee select in a block?

I didn't realise, but I use 'Repeat On All Pages' a lot. When using blocks (I presume because they now insist on having a mobile variant from the start) how do I get around the 'LiveShared objects cannot be made repeating' thing.

The project file is 15.5 MB, a tad big for the forum. You can download directly here >>>xara-blocks.xar<<<