Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Problems Opening Recently Purchased Designer Pro

Oh yes and thank you for reminding me that there is a very great risk running Windows 7, no updates but I love it except for now that I can't upgrade to Pro.

Hopefully, Acorn can find a workaround but I'm not sure if he was just saying that Xara might get back to me with a workaround. I'm just hanging in there and I know something will get fixed.

I am not as technical as acorn but if a program does not run on an old operating sytem it is often because it needs libraries, APIs, etc that the older OS does not have/support; sorry if again I am telling you something you aleredy know

if so I don't see a way round it; you could always buy another computer, in fact I did this when I migrated off XP [and that was a wrench - mercifully I took one look at vista and decided to sit that one out]

but buying a new set of programs could well be cheaper

it would be for xara to determine a workround if there is one
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I'm curious to find out what Xara has to say about a workaround. I'm not sure if it's feasible for me to put out the money for a new PC just to cater to Pro. I still have Xara Web Designer Premium on my Windows 7 PC and it operates just fine but the only reason I wanted to upgrade to Pro is so that I can make my pictures sharper if in fact Pro does the trick.

pro might, I don't know; if that is all you want though there may be better ways and cheaper, but the ones I know of won't run on window 7 either
    Nothing lasts forever...

Well, I also thought about all the chats that you and Acorn have been helping me with lately and in the past that it was about time I should upgrade. It just wasn't solely about sharper pictures and I knew it was a gamble if Pro could do that.

I don't know what features are missing in web designer [that you get in designer pro] because i don't use it; I can handle default wordpress, but building websites is not my thing

good luck with xara, I hope they can sort something out for you
    Nothing lasts forever...

I know that my old version does not have the view quality slider. I'll keep you posted when they get back to me and what they suggest. Thanks again for being there!!

Quote Originally Posted by again View Post
    I know that my old version does not have the view quality slider.
    View Quality can be accessed with Window > View Quality and Alt+V+Q+ and any of O|W|H|F|V.
    View Quality only changes what you see in your design page. It is nothing to do with better image rendering.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I believe you are absolutely right based on my experience. When I was trying to achieve the best picture quality I noticed after publishing the picture quality was poorer than when I was working with it before publishing.

Thanks for confirming that!

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    View Quality only changes what you see in your design page. It is nothing to do with better image rendering.

Acorn
    this is a good point and VHQ may not always be what you want

photos maybe not so much of an issue, but if I have bitmap lineart I need to see what it will look like in another program, rather than having xara's VHQ screen anti-aliasing softening it all out, so i would then have the slider in the middle ['Full Colour']
    Nothing lasts forever...