Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Problems Opening Recently Purchased Designer Pro

Is there a phone number for Xara or how I get support for my recently downloaded Xara Designer Pro?

I'm not sure if it will work on a Windows 7 PC.

After my purchase, I downloaded the link and went through the process then took me to the installer for Microsoft Edge but it would not go through. Long story short I was able to finally get Microsoft Edge installed and open it up and saw a dialog box at the top of the page saying that it will not support anything under Windows 10.

So if it won't work on my Windows 7 then I have a backup Mac that I could possibly download the Designer Pro on but in order to do that I need to talk with tech support and I don't know how to do that.

I downloaded the Designer Pro, not the plus.

Default Re: Problems Opening Recently Purchased Designer Pro

it wont work under a mac operating system
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

it would not suprise me if it was only win 10 or later - you can contact xara through chat on their website
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks. I sent the Xara Contact Us link a message and hopefully they will connect me with the proper department.

Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I purchased it directly from Xara.

yes thought win 7 would be too old

[as for win 8, I try to forget about it, only good thing about it, better then vista]
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by again View Post
    I purchased it directly from Xara.
    So you got v20 Perpetual? If so, Xara might have some sort of workaround. Why have you never upgraded to W10; that was free for ages?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yes, I got to V20 Perpetual. Don't like operating system upgrades because I would have to purchase many dollars for upgrading my system programs to a new operating system. I'm able to use all my programs through Windows 7.

there is a potential cost to running an out of date and unsecure operating system, but I am sure you know this and allow for it

and of course, as you may have found out, sooner or later new programs will not run...
    Nothing lasts forever...