Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: PROBLEM WITH XARA 19 AND MOBILE VERSION

will delete when you've copied address and move folder if you've changed anything

Quote Originally Posted by funkymonkey View Post
    will delete when you've copied address and move folder if you've changed anything
    Go ahead. It's of no use at present.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

ahh ok give me a mo

hows that
    Attached Files Attached Files

i had to take the mobile variant off the main site, as when i added it, both the player and mix cover plugins stopped working, i have a .fm and .radio. but all i do is upload the same site to both hosting packages with same host
    Last edited by funkymonkey; 25 February 2024 at 03:17 PM. Reason: mistake

yes you have sorry missed the post id sent lol

I am only going to look at and comment on the 18-7 design file.
    Basically, it's a dog's dinner.

It takes over 15 seconds for it to fully crash.
    I suspect the calls to https://fra-pioneer08.dedicateware.com:1290 are the issue.

Your Player links are mostly off the bottom of the page. This is bad practice as one day them will be moved off during a change and go missing.

The Chat Room Players are missing because your lost the </iframe> Tag in the Placeholder.
    I got that to work but found the 700x800px size too big for the page when I brought your Player links into the page fully. 600x700 seems to be fine.

The FM graphic, the title and small badge are not centred.
    Do not repeat the FM graphic.

The central Player is missing <style> Tags around the <link> Tags.
    The jQuery call is blocked by the browser's cross-site security. It would be better replacing with Xara's special UsesJQuery Name.

All the code is in the wrong place.
    JS calls should be in the Website/Page Body.
    CSS in the Website/Page Head.
    HTML for the player in the Placeholder.

The current Page Head code has been split through its source path.

I cannot really help more as until you can get the Placeholders individually to work, there is no point in improving the rest.
    I fear the player code is quite old as suggested by the use of Modernizr.

Again, by deleting all but the one FM image and making it Tile Stretch and Repeat on all pages, it makes the design simpler.
    Then by Scaling to fit width: 860, the reduction of the page width down will cover what you were trying to do with adding a Mobile page. Again, far simpler.

If you want further help, we have to have a design that you know works.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I am only going to look at and comment on the 18-7 design file.
    Basically, it's a dog's dinner.

It takes over 15 seconds for it to fully crash.
    I suspect the calls to https://fra-pioneer08.dedicateware.com:1290 are the issue.

Your Player links are mostly off the bottom of the page. This is bad practice as one day them will be moved off during a change and go missing.

The Chat Room Players are missing because your lost the </iframe> Tag in the Placeholder.
    I got that to work but found the 700x800px size too big for the page when I brought your Player links into the page fully. 600x700 seems to be fine.

The FM graphic, the title and small badge are not centred.
    Do not repeat the FM graphic.

The central Player is missing <style> Tags around the <link> Tags.
    The jQuery call is blocked by the browser's cross-site security. It would be better replacing with Xara's special UsesJQuery Name.

All the code is in the wrong place.
    JS calls should be in the Website/Page Body.
    CSS in the Website/Page Head.
    HTML for the player in the Placeholder.

The current Page Head code has been split through its source path.

I cannot really help more as until you can get the Placeholders individually to work, there is no point in improving the rest.
    I fear the player code is quite old as suggested by the use of Modernizr.

Again, by deleting all but the one FM image and making it Tile Stretch and Repeat on all pages, it makes the design simpler.
    Then by Scaling to fit width: 860, the reduction of the page width down will cover what you were trying to do with adding a Mobile page. Again, far simpler.

If you want further help, we have to have a design that you know works.

Acorn
    Hi thanks for looking at it, I have no problems losing the fm image(logo at top or the text, the player and mix cover works fine on the web, and autoplays, it never crashes, only when I add mobile, I have no problems move the player links as thete only there in the rare occasion someone can't tune in, the player won't auto play on mobiles, but does work, when you press play on the player, the links at the bottom can go anywhere, , it's just the size on the mobile that's the issue, I just need it to fill the screen. The player is issued by the streaming service and you cat resize that or the album cover as there pre set, you can get a large and smaller player, can you help me fix it, I'm unemployed due to sickness, and we all do it for free it's a hobby, so I can't afford much, but anything you can do do help, would be much appreciated ❤️

I could pay you £30 if you can fix just the mobile version if poss please dude

How about having a separate, dedicated player page. Then simply have 2 iframe placeholders, one on main, one on mobile showing the player page?

I don't have that system set up now, but I had the same thing running for a DJ a year or so ago.

I haven't thought about the chat page yet.