Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Blocks Feb 2024 Update

Quite a few fixes were made to blocks in this update, so i had a play for 10 minutes.

Freehand transparent > import a button > copy button 3 times. Select all 4 buttons (would like to marquee select, but can't) drag buttons. You only see the button being dragged move, the others multiply but remain static. All back to normal when you release the mouse. [pic 1]

Flexible transparent - drag image into block - select block and adjust height, image remains original sizing. Push image to top of block and then resize the block, image crops. I actually don't find this a problem, but it clearly shouldn't happen. [pic 2]

In the mobile variant, the block heights were very large, but easily and quickly brought to order. The button, I copied, didn't copy in the variant. I went back to the main variant and copied the black shape. That too didn't copy in the mobile variant. [pic 3]

Off to have a look at the videos, as I can't find (in the three seconds I looked) the toolbar to adjust stuff in the blocks themselves.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blocks1a.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	134616 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blocks2a.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	143.5 KB 
ID:	134617 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blocks3a.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	134618

Default Re: Blocks Feb 2024 Update

Well, the videos didn't really tell me anything about the blocks themselves. I watched 4 or 5 before becoming too bored to watch more.

I don't have any real issues with creating a site without blocks, but I do like the idea of a page being in sections and having their own little ecosystem. As with anything new, I need to use them in a real life project...so I will do just that.

Default Re: Blocks Feb 2024 Update

Chris. I often throw a block into a design I already have. That approach interests me a lot. With the recent changes I may try something.
    The videos are great for new users, they are fairly short.
    In my play with blocks, I usually end up trying to find just the right block for the design in my head, and it doesn’t end well.

I’d be interested in your total payload and design when complete. I’ve got a couple of sites down to 11 meg.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.