Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Photo heal tool

Default Photo heal tool

Photo heal tool is not working. Every time i try to use it ( xara designer pro +) xara crashes and freeze.
    I have to shut down the program through task manager. Does this happened to anybody else?

Default Re: Photo heal tool

Does it throw an error message, or just freeze?
    In Task Manager > Details, do you see a reference to CamBridge32? If so, end the task and see if you can carry on.

Hi Chris. The tool itself not working. And xara freeze. Try it yourself please and let me know if is working on your end. Thanks for your response Chris

Hi Andre, Xara Designer Pro+ 23.6.1 working fine. First thing to try is Run as Administrator.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Photo Heal works fine for me too. I can get Xara to freeze if I use the shadow tool and then right click, and @bwood can do the same when right-clicking soft groups. They are very specific actions, but I did wonder if you were having the same error because of the freezing, something reasonably rare with Xara.

Back with an update to photo heal tool problem. Still no working.
    Steps I took to resolve the problem. 1)run as administrator 2)uninstall and reinstall xara 3) installed new update 23.7. Xara does not freeze anymore but when I make adjustments with the tool more than 3 or 4 times continuously the tool stop responding.
    If I close Xara and restart the tool work fine initially but then it's doing the same thing.
    I may be wrong but feel like a bug to me. Then again if nobody else experiencing the problem, I don't know what to think. Thanks for any advice you can provide

By the way photo heal tool working fine in xara pro X19. In pro+ it crashes after the 7th adjustment. Every time! It has to be a BUG

Quote Originally Posted by Andre7 View Post
    By the way photo heal tool working fine in xara pro X19. In pro+ it crashes after the 7th adjustment. Every time! It has to be a BUG
    Andre, then you need to contact Xara with your evidence.

I have hammered the Photo Heal tool repeatedly without any fault.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

some times these issues are conflict with other programs or OS settings and therefore specific to a user setup

I have an issue with art brushes which can crash the program - no warning it just closes completely; no one else seems to get this

I do not get any issues with the heal tool fwiw
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thank you all for your feedback. At least now I can stop blame Xara and look elsewhere for my problem. I report back when I figure out what settings on my PC or windows causing this. Thanks again for taking the time to read and answer