Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Menu with mouse up

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    An excellent all Xara example. I took your xar file and reworked it to recontstruct the one I'd recreated using css/js.
    One thing I don't understand is the need for the !fudge layer, it doesn't have anything on it? I know if you delete that layer it stops working correctly.
    Works a treat: DEMO
    Egg, you are my kind of TGer! Thank you for the demo.

It took a tad of inspiration to add in the empty !fudge layer.
    Why it works, I don't know. I have found a lot of Xara quirks occur down to bad counting.
    The first element in a JavaScript array is [0]: January would possibly be month[0], whereas without thinking your usual experience would be to guess month[1].

It is interesting why no one has yet asked "Why do the images stay open?"
    Xara has coding for MOff/MOver actions that display the MOver shape if there is a >50% overlap.
    At the same time, we have a Web Amination action that is also doing an action to displayed a triggered event for the image.
    You get the normal mouse over/out action for the button but the Web Animation effect remains in force until the image is exited.
    Usually, Xara effects are singular; this one bubbles through. Luckily.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Menu with mouse up

A million thanks....
    achieved!

I don't know how to thank you, the Arcon Banner and this thing about Egg's capes...

I had been fighting for a long time trying to achieve something similar...