Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Menu with mouse up

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    An excellent all Xara example. I took your xar file and reworked it to recontstruct the one I'd recreated using css/js.
    One thing I don't understand is the need for the !fudge layer, it doesn't have anything on it? I know if you delete that layer it stops working correctly.
    Works a treat: DEMO
    Egg, you are my kind of TGer! Thank you for the demo.

It took a tad of inspiration to add in the empty !fudge layer.
    Why it works, I don't know. I have found a lot of Xara quirks occur down to bad counting.
    The first element in a JavaScript array is [0]: January would possibly be month[0], whereas without thinking your usual experience would be to guess month[1].

It is interesting why no one has yet asked "Why do the images stay open?"
    Xara has coding for MOff/MOver actions that display the MOver shape if there is a >50% overlap.
    At the same time, we have a Web Amination action that is also doing an action to displayed a triggered event for the image.
    You get the normal mouse over/out action for the button but the Web Animation effect remains in force until the image is exited.
    Usually, Xara effects are singular; this one bubbles through. Luckily.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi, the images are placed in a folder on my server at root/photos/set1/ which I uploaded using Filezilla. It contains 5 jpg photos (0.jpg to 4.jpg) and 1 png image (0.png). See screengrab. These images/photos have simple numerical names i.e. 3.jpg. You would need to do the same on your server.

The 0.png (It is just a white rectangle with 70% transparency) is called by a placeholder which also tells the placeholder to "onmouseover="setnewimage(1)" or "onmouseover="setnewimage(2)" etc.

Your getting a 404 because doesn't exist. The n is changed to a number by Acorns code. Unlike my code which specifies the number of images, Acorns allows for an unlimited number of photos to be called from 0.jpg through and beyond 0.jpg to 12567.jpg

So the following code on a placeholder "onmouseover="setnewimage(3)" would change the base image from what it was to the following:

https://parkeston.com/photos/set1/3.jpg

Thank you very much again for this "master class"
    To make interactive banners it is very very good

...although I have been a little disappointed: It doesn't work with layers....

I would be happy if...you told me that it is possible...(it is enough for me that you tell me that it is possible and that a good programmer will solve it for me even if it is paying (for learning the method and if my insane economy It allows)

I need it for the Menu that I have in layers.....

I have created an example in case you want to see it because the 2 files interact, the one from the active layer and the one from the Mouse Up layer

any ideas?

https://www.neoclick.es/1/
    Attached Files Attached Files

An excellent all Xara example. I took your xar file and reworked it to recontstruct the one I'd recreated using css/js.

One thing I don't understand is the need for the !fudge layer, it doesn't have anything on it? I know if you delete that layer it stops working correctly.

Works a treat:

DEMO

A million thanks....
    achieved!

I don't know how to thank you, the Arcon Banner and this thing about Egg's capes...

I had been fighting for a long time trying to achieve something similar...

A million thanks....
    achieved!

I don't know how to thank you, the Arcon Banner and this thing about Egg's capes...

I had been fighting for a long time trying to achieve something similar...

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    i promised a Xara solution.
    Golly, I made it: Attachment 134611

No code, just a clear head.
    The good thing is you can add the full range of Xara animations, times and delays.

Do note it is a proof of concept and you need to work on it for your needs. I would, for a change, like to see your examples and explanation of any problems rather that having to do it all for you.

Acorn
    Lots of great ideas Acorn that can be repurposed. Thanks you.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    Lots of great ideas Acorn that can be repurposed. Thanks you.
    Cheers, Bill. The elephant in the room is not being able to make the whole thing Sticky.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Just another variant on this one. I was looking for a js that allowed the visitor to either mouse over click on a colour palette bitmap to select a colour and have the tiles change to that colour but I couldn't find a simple one I could use so I ended up using swap bitmaps. Works but limiting.

HERE
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Looks very useful in such situations, Egg!