Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

i think this should be simple, but i can't figure out how to create pressure sensitive "inked" black lines. In the brush selections theres no regular ol' black line, except the normal line, which can't? be used for pressure sensitive lines.

I usually do the inking with illustrator, but for my current project i'd much rather use xara.

thanks, phil

i think this should be simple, but i can't figure out how to create pressure sensitive "inked" black lines. In the brush selections theres no regular ol' black line, except the normal line, which can't? be used for pressure sensitive lines.

I usually do the inking with illustrator, but for my current project i'd much rather use xara.

thanks, phil

If this is what you mean then it is quite easy to create as it only consists of an ellipse.

I will post the Xar file as well.

Christine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	black_pressure_line.jpg 
Views:	335 
Size:	6.3 KB 
ID:	3131  
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Unfortunately you cant avoid some fuzziness on curves.

Christine
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Thank you very much Christine. I understand now. Starting with your brush I was able to create the "inking" brush i was looking for. I created a black circle, saved it as a brush, then set the spacing to 7%, which is as low as it wants to go. I could post it if you'd like except its pretty much just like what you did.

Thank you again, Phil

Now i have to see about converting this to flash somehow. eventually i may have to do some weird thing, like turn it to a bitmap then autotrace it with corel autotrace or streamline, then send it to flash.....but for now it looks like illustrator is the way to go. I hope to work more with xara for more organic drawings.

Why do you want to leave Xara for CorelTrace? Xara's bitmap tracer is at least as good, and very effective (take a look at the movie), and the Flash SWF filter in Draw9 isn't any better than Xara's???????
    Perhaps there is something I don't understand...

Hi Erik,

I was kinda joking about using a bitmap tracing program. it would be a very roundabout way of working. I'd rather just stay in vectors the whole way through. That being said i just had a chance to use the xara x bitmap tracer for the first time. i didn't know it had one. i think its at least as good as any of the others.

The pressure senstive brushes in xara don't seem to have the response i'm looking for. The brushes in illustrator can create very smooth lines, which vary in size from almost nothing to very wide. so far the xara brush response has been choppy and more intermitant.

The coreldraw flash exporter is not nearly as good as the illustrator one. The corel one creates more control nodes in the transfer. If the xara one is like the corel one then i wouldn't use either of them. instead i would send everything through illustrator.

I'm going to keep experimenting with xara and see whats possible with it.

Phil