Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Code inseration into placeholder from menu code generator

Just for the mobile, why not go for a separate page? Not the best for a large screen, but works well for a mobile with a nice background on the pasteboard.

I went nuts with the colour, but you get the idea.

>>> Bill Menu.xar <<<

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    Yahoo! Made a menu Acorn and @Egg- following your instructions. Just had to know where to place everything.
    Now - for a mobile menu variant. One could go with one button with pages nested below it. It works well but the big HOME button for the drop down pages is going to look pretty gamely.
    I did think of @chris M for a pop up, but theres quite a few pages. I could use that for a 4 or 5 pager. Is there a way to work that hamburger symbol in there.
    Bill, you've not played with the design enough.
    Make the Placeholder width narrow enough on the Variant and you get an automatic Hamburger (nested with symbol).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Just for the mobile, why not go for a separate page? Not the best for a large screen, but works well for a mobile with a nice background on the pasteboard.
    Chris, what then goes on the corresponding Main page as all Variant pages are twinned?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Chris, what then goes on the corresponding Main page as all Variant pages are twinned?

Acorn
    I wasn't working with anything twinned. I based my idea on this line from Bill "Now - for a mobile menu variant. One could go with one button with pages nested below it." That sounds like an ask for options.
    He also said, "I did think of @chris M for a pop up, but theres quite a few pages. I could use that for a 4 or 5 pager." Again, gave me the impression he was looking for a mobile option.

I wasn't working with anything twinned. I based my idea on this line from Bill "Now - for a mobile menu variant. One could go with one button with pages nested below it." That sounds like an ask for options.
    He also said, "I did think of @chris M for a pop up, but theres quite a few pages. I could use that for a 4 or 5 pager." Again, gave me the impression he was looking for a mobile option.
    Chris, I appreciate the suggestion.

I feel Bill would be changing horses mid-steam while he was wrestling with the CSS approach.
    You menu page approach is great but you would have to do it on Main as well. There's is no way round that.

Acorn

>>> Bill Menu.xar <<<
    Thanks Chris. I like this idea as well. I’m going to use that for an animal shelter I have.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

You menu page approach is great but you would have to do it on Main as well. There's is no way round that.
    No, I often use this method Acorn. The menu page on the Main variant merely requires some text such as 'menu page for mobile website only' and a link back to index in case a viewer ends up on this page by accident, which they would only do on resizing their browser.

DEMO

Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    No, I often use this method Acorn. The menu page on the Main variant merely requires some text such as 'menu page for mobile website only' and a link back to index in case a viewer ends up on this page by accident, which they would only do on resizing their browser.
    DEMO
    Egg, I appreciate your demo. Sensibly, you ought to keep the same detail and links on Main to cover the situations where people (me) turn their phone from Portrait to Landscape and get the Main version, which was the thrust of my "you would have to do it on Main as well". Falling into the Home page leaves you wondering where you were before the interruption.

Better than Home might be an automatic jump back in the history to get you to where you were before hitting the hamburger.

Acorn

Fair point Acorn, however I still prefer a dedicated menu page on the mobile variant.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    situations where people (me) turn their phone from Portrait to Landscape and get the Main version, Acorn
    Next, you'll be telling me you put gravy on baked beans.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10001d631b2adcb04e0513e269fba056.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	176.8 KB 
ID:	134605