Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Advice Acknowledgement

I didn't want to stomp all over Bill's thread - making buttons for nav bar - mouseOver question (talkgraphics.com) - but I also didn't want Acorn thinking I had ignored him.

The site in question >>> ccsaint-clair.com.au/

You could readily use my page mega-menu approach for your detailed site map. Currently, I have no sense of where I am or going and only when hitting page bottom do I see the Site Map/Index link.
    If you make the same Link a Hamburger, sticky top of page, and add the Close icon back link then you will be cooking with gas.

From https://ccsaint-clair.com.au/site-map.html, I am finding a lot of 404s.
    It is not clear that some Links are to PDFs, external links or sub-sites, you need an icon for each and any jump externally or to a document needs to open into a new Tab.

Acorn
    I fixed up the 404s quick pronto. They broke when I split the site and I have since flailed myself with the horse hair cat-o-nines and sacrificed a chicken on the altar (KFC on a plate)

I didn't want to make a site map more important than the menu, so I added a static hamburger icon to the menu bar instead.
    I did, however, add markers to the menu bar to show which page you, as the visitor, are currently viewing.
    I added the title and sub heading to each page without a menu bar, again for navigation clarity.
    I added icons on the site map to indicate which links are PDF and which shoot off to Amazon. The internal links I left blank. I don't love the aesthetics, but I see the value.
    Finally, I added a back icon to the site map that takes you back to the page you were on when you clicked the hamburger icon.

Thank you for the suggestions. The advice I receive on these forums is always appreciated.

Default Re: Advice Acknowledgement

@Chris, you had a large undertaking and working so close to such a project occasionally needs a fresh view.
    The sub-sites are well executed and are all good, it was just the linkage needed to pull them together.

Well done.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Chris, just a quick observation. On novels.html there is a table at the bottom, Warriors We Are, with links to pdf's on the right column. However the first & middle columns contain links to htm files that give 404's. The word INDEX under the hamburger menu is sticky and moves down when scrolled but without a link

Edit On the mobile version only.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi Chris, just a quick observation. On novels.html there is a table at the bottom, Warriors We Are, with links to pdf's on the right column. However the first & middle columns contain links to htm files that give 404's. The word INDEX under the hamburger menu is sticky and moves down when scrolled but without a link

Edit On the mobile version only.
    Thank you, Egg. All fixed.

I swear, as soon as you publish, a little Gremlin is trapped in the code. He escapes when an edit is made and has 2 minutes to cause random havoc before being trapped again, awaiting the next edit.