Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Has Magix had a crash?

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    ...apart from the nags and no on-line access, you should still be able to work. Acorn
    Nope. Can't start it off-line. Error code: -59. And a suggestion to contact support. They've got to be joking.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Thanks for that link, much appreciated. jaydear

Hi,

Your only hope is to contact Magix to get it sorted out. You should also be on the Magix.info forum and then it would be easy as there is a link to the Magix email under Support. It makes it easy to raise a ticket.

I don't know what happened to cause the initial problem, but trying to re-register, create a new account, etc. is about the worst thing that you can do. You should only ever have one account with Magix. If you have to change your email address which is also your username, you have to log in to your account and do it there. Creating a new account just messes up everything. If you change your email address, then when you start a Magix program, Xara included, the next time, you will most likely have to put in the new email address as that is your new user name. However, if you have not first changed it in your account, then it will reject your attempt to access the program.

I have 5 days left before expiry after which I will no longer have access to program updates.

BTW, this whole divorce has caused problems with other Magix programs that have Xara products embedded in them and I expect even more problems as new versions are rolled out. I blame Xara 100% for this mess.

Good luck!
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Quote Originally Posted by browj2 View Post
    ...trying to re-register, create a new account, etc. is about the worst thing that you can do... Good luck!
    I agree 100%. I would never, ever have changed anything if I hadn't HAD to! This is the second time I've had everything lock up. The difference this time was that I could not access my online account because everything I tried was met with a "Go straight to Gaol, Do not pass GO" type of error . I have no anguish at all with other software vendors such as Corel and Serif whose sites are very helpful and logical. The Magix user account site reminds me of that game "Operation" where any minor error is punished.

I bought Xara3D in 2002 from Xara's website, easy-peasy. I also bought several updates over the years up to 2010. Again, no problems. My account and history were there for me and everything worked without issues. Then they got involved with Magix and that was the end of that pleasant experience. Similar story with Soundforge and Vegas when Magix took over.

Magix Support had to do changes on their side when they eventually found my stuff. It looks like everything is back. XDP19 is working again, job now finished. Vegas is back too, but all it's options have reverted to defaults . I hope this doesn't happen again - a terrible waste of time. If it does I might change to using Affinity Designer and Photo which are definitely great, but more complex IMO, and no web editor! Thanks for the various suggestions and links, they certainly helped.