Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Has Magix had a crash?

I've been using Designer Pro 365 (v19) all day, in and out, in and out, no problem starting up except for the invasive, expired, expiry message, but anyway it's after 5pm and I have stuff to finish and I can't log on! I'm getting the message that the software has already been registered to another email address. That is exactly what happened last time their system fell over. I had to go through my various products, de-register them, then re-register them to a different email address. It's documented here somewhere. Now it's happening again, except I can't log in at all. I'm absolutely ropeable! If Magix have had a data crash or been hacked we users of the Xara products affected need to be able to get rid of the need to "log in" to use them. I hope that XARA are reading this because we need some support whether they have abandoned the s/w or not. This is a nightmare.

Default Re: Has Magix had a crash?

@jaydear, I have access to the Magix > Products area and login. All my products are still registered.
    With one, I have disabled Magix access and it is still available.

Sorry I cannot help further.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks for having a look.

I'm getting desperate here! I can't log in to Magix with either my previous or my current email & pw which has worked all day today and for years before. My Vegas s/w (another Magix product they keep begging me to update every week) still logs in and starts just fine.

Now I can't even register a new email and a NEW pw at magix.com because whatever I type in, IT ALWAYS COMES BACK AT ME AND SAYS IT'S ALREADY REGISTERED!!! That's just ridiculous garbage, can't be right. I can't reach anyone there because THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO CONTACT THEM and IT IS NOT WORKING!

Does someone from XARA have some way of contacting them? HELP, HELP, HELP - I need some help from someone on the inside to keep using what I have paid for. I've got stuff to finish here.

you can contact xara direct via chat on their website xara.com

how much help they can give you if the magix servers in your locale are down though, I don't know...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I have XDPXv18 and 19 and everything is fine.
    If it says that it is already registered, then you have exceeded the number of possible installations / registrations.

You can only help by contacting MAGIX.

P&G 10, 11, 15; XWD Premium 11,15; XDPX 15.1; XDPX 18.5; XDPX 19; XBuilder;

@jaydear, why do you have to 'log on'? Do you mean the application is not starting?
    If in, are you trying to access on-line content? You say your product has 'expired' so apart from the nags and no on-line access, you should still be able to work.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    @jaydear, why do you have to 'log on'? Do you mean the application is not starting?
    If in, are you trying to access on-line content? You say your product has 'expired' so apart from the nags and no on-line access, you should still be able to work.
    Acorn
    That is correct, it starts loading, then I get the pop up window asking me to register the program. The correct information is already filled in, but proceeding past that point is an exercise in frustration because if you can't access your account or open a new one you're on your lonesome. It's not just XDP, ALL my Magix software is locked with no way to contact them! That situation should not be allowed to occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Spamiky View Post
    I have XDPXv18 and 19 and everything is fine.
    If it says that it is already registered, then you have exceeded the number of possible installations / registrations.

You can only help by contacting MAGIX.
    I'm glad yours is OK, I haven't exceeded anything. It was all working then it stopped. How do you suggest I contact Magix? They are hermetically sealed against the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydear View Post
    I'm glad yours is OK, I haven't exceeded anything. It was all working then it stopped. How do you suggest I contact Magix? They are hermetically sealed against the outside world.
    jaydear, do try magix with https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...629#post657629.

Acorn