Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Mouseover problem

I don't know what's wrong, I've made these changes many times in the past but it's not working for me. My website page is here..... https://rmhs79.com/memoriam.htm
    See Ellen Frisen second to last row from the bottom, at far right in the row. I can't for some reason get her name to appear when you hover the mouse over her picture.
    I think of done everything exactly the same as always. Can you tell me where I've done wrong?

Thanks, Todd

Default Re: Mouseover problem

Todd, I can see you have a near transparent box over each image.
    If I force the code, I can see the detail including her 2022 date.

I would ungroup the photo row, take a working photo, box and PNG name (date) and clone that and then replace image and PNG and reposition.

Your approach is quite wasteful of download and the page take over 2 seconds.
    You could group all the pictures.
    You could keep the rollovers as pure text.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Todd, I can see you have a near transparent box over each image.
    If I force the code, I can see the detail including her 2022 date.

I would ungroup the photo row, take a working photo, box and PNG name (date) and clone that and then replace image and PNG and reposition.

Your approach is quite wasteful of download and the page take over 2 seconds.
    You could group all the pictures.
    You could keep the rollovers as pure text.

Acorn
    Thanks Acorn, I'm quite a novice with all this and I do it only for my high school class. When you say "ungroup" do you mean don't have "layer 49" like I do currently? And refresh my memory (I'm 63), what's gonna make a mouse make that text appear? Todd

Without seeing your xar file it's difficult to say why this is. The pop-up image of her name isn't displayimg but one thing that is odd is that all the other images have four digit file names but the one for Ellen Fresen has an six digit filename. i.e. 301268@2xpng
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Todd, what I have read into your approach is that you have created separate pop-up layers for each person's name and year.

If any MouseOff shape covers more than half of a different MouseOver shape than if the MOff shape has a Link then the shape on the MOver will act as a roll-over/hover/pop-up.

My demo file has:
    1. 35 images on MOff, grouped to display as a single image (one HTML call instead of 35).
    I have set it to render out as WebP. If you do not have WebP capability then it get rendered as a JPEG.
    My size are 120kB WebP showing in under a fifth of a second; JPEG is double the size and around half a second.
    2. An overlay of 35 soft-grouped boxes the same size as the images with 99% Flat Transparency.
    Each box has a dummy link of 'javascript: ;'.
    3. On MOver, 35 people's details, soft-grouped.
    Rather than add a glow shadow that will turn the text into PNGs, I added a little CSS coding in Website Head to add the glow to text.

memoriae.xar

To change the pictures - set the image Group to Solo mode and drag & drop the new image over the old.
    To change the detail - set MOver layer to Solo mode and switch to the Text tool.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Sweet solution Acorn
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host