Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Nav bar making rather than ready made

As @acorn described the use of Xara ready made nav bars can slow down a larger site.

"It appears on 19 pages and has 22 images @ ~1k each. Although duplicated, each has its own filename so just your Navbar is half a megabyte of wasteful cache storage and downloads. You could rework as Text & CSS into a few kBs."

How can newbies to nav bars make their own using Xara. Could it be a line of text, simply linking to different pages - and how does one handle a drop down menu. Probably with pop ups. If a nav bar is going to be text only, how can we make it more attractive.

Open to suggestions as I confront this issue on it's own. Thanks everyone.

-Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Default Re: Nav bar making rather than ready made

Bill, I recently Posted this Thread: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...on-Development.

Nested NavBars are more complicated so this on-line generator is usually my first port of call: https://www.cssportal.com/css3-menu-generator/

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I use this for my home page.

I've removed a couple of things that related to privacy, like map location and bank, but you can see the menus are just text. There's no mobile variant.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Acorn and Chris. Some great ideas there. I might just go as simple as I can with text and web
    properties changing colors and pop ups for the nested menus. I’m looking for things I can do to simplify, yet understand what I’m doing.

I do notice that something has changed in Pro for the construction of buttons, at least for me. Some of the more simple pre made buttons do not conform with the present interactions of Pro+. I’ll dig into that.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    I use this for my home page.

I've removed a couple of things that related to privacy, like map location and bank, but you can see the menus are just text. There's no mobile variant.
    Yup - this is what I'm looking for Chris. Thanks so much
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design