Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Xara Failing To Open Web Browser

Hello everyone. Hope somebody might have a resolution for this problem, which just started a few days ago.

I first discovered the issue when I tried to preview my page, A box pops up that states: "Failed to open web browser onto web address http://localhost:8000/virtea9a3d2f/index.htm'. Error code: 1f"
    I get the same result when I publish a site, which works fine, but when I click the link to the site after successfully publishing, it pops the same error message. I have attached a screen shot of the issue. Thank you to anyone who might know what this is.

Version I'm using: Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946 DL x64 Feb 7 2023

Thanks again,
    Tazz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XaraError1.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	168.9 KB 
ID:	134534  

Default Re: Xara Failing To Open Web Browser

Tazz, you are destroying your website by having it set as Scrolling, using a Variant and loading so many images effectively into one HTML file.
    My download was almost 20 MB and took over a minute to load, although the completion was actually 6 minutes.

Your error message in Preview was probably solely about the time to compile and render.

The site itself has a mass of errors around the Nivo Slider, which fails to work.
    This is probably your originally built the site before v19 applied a more secure jQuery library v3.6.0, whereas the original Nivo needed jQuery v1.11.1.
    I can see the first stuck image but not the next 15.

I fear for the size of your design file as I am sure a Preview and Publish takes forever.

These are the assets that your are trying to deliver: https://tazzanderson.com/index_htm_files/xr_files.txt

Your immediate recovery is to set your site back to a conventional website.
    I would Hide the Nivo Slider for now. It can be recovered.
    I would split your Gallery page into several pages to spread the load. Order probably by theme.
    There are just-in-time approaches that will better suit your site for the Nivo Slider and Gallery page, which is using the obsolete HighSlideJS library.
    You need an Image Filenaming approach to save on duplicates being uploaded as if different.

I am sorry but it does involve a major rework session.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn, thank you for replying. I always look forward to hearing from you as your knowledge of all of this is phenomenal, to say the least. Yes, this site is an older created site that was until today I had at tazzandersonphotography.com but I moved it to my tazzanderson.com name. I know it needs some serious work and as you stated a "major rework session". It takes so long to load that the navigation menu doesn't even work for quite some time, so, I will follow your lead and advice on this one...BUT, a bigger but, is that error issue is happening on all of my sites. I can't get any of them to "preview" and or follow the link after publishing. They all pop the same error message. It's a mystery. And it just started. I haven't done anything different to have knocked something out of whack!

Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    Acorn, thank you for replying. I always look forward to hearing from you as your knowledge of all of this is phenomenal, to say the least. Yes, this site is an older created site that was until today I had at tazzandersonphotography.com but I moved it to my tazzanderson.com name. I know it needs some serious work and as you stated a "major rework session". It takes so long to load that the navigation menu doesn't even work for quite some time, so, I will follow your lead and advice on this one...BUT, a bigger but, is that error issue is happening on all of my sites. I can't get any of them to "preview" and or follow the link after publishing. They all pop the same error message. It's a mystery. And it just started. I haven't done anything different to have knocked something out of whack!
    Tazz, if it is on all sites then blame your default browser.

First though, instead of Preview, try File > Export Website to a local folder.
    If all is well then it is probably down to your PC memory or Xara choking.

What are you using?
    Say it is Firefox then one of its updates could be the problem. Equally, any of the other browser names out there.
    Switch your default browser to MS Edge and retry. I use Vivaldi so it is similar to MS Edge.

The third approach is to copy the Previewed URL and paste it into another browser.
    Do you still get the same error message?
    If so, it is possible that your firewall is blocking port 8000 or the localhost resolve is not to 127.0.0.1.

I would say as it is Preview and also on clicking to view website in Xara, the only wrong part is it is http:// and not https://.
    Change that and the upload might not report an error, even though it is actually working.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Tazz, if it is on all sites then blame your default browser.

First though, instead of Preview, try File > Export Website to a local folder.
    If all is well then it is probably down to your PC memory or Xara choking.
    Yes. I exported website to a folder, with no issue.

What are you using?
    Say it is Firefox then one of its updates could be the problem. Equally, any of the other browser names out there.
    Switch your default browser to MS Edge and retry. I use Vivaldi so it is similar to MS Edge.
    I use Chrome, and switched to Firefox (default) and got the same result

The third approach is to copy the Previewed URL and paste it into another browser.
    Do you still get the same error message?
    I'm not sure what you mean here or how I follow this step. I just click the "preview current web page" or "preview whole website" buttons and I get an error message.
    As far as the website URL address if I type those into all my browsers, they work just fine only out of Xara do they fail. The URL address it gives me after publishing if I copy that and paste into a browser it opens just fine.

If so, it is possible that your firewall is blocking port 8000 or the localhost resolve is not to 127.0.0.1.
    I have a little knowledge on this, open it in Notepad and I know 127.0.0.1 blocks the program correct?

I would say as it is Preview and also on clicking to view website in Xara, the only wrong part is it is http:// and not https://.
    Change that and the upload might not report an error, even though it is actually working.
    The sites publish with no problem out of Xara.

Haha, I tried to answer all your questions with quote reply, I think I epically failed that too.
    Last edited by Acorn; 08 February 2024 at 05:15 AM. Reason: Tidied up your Reply

Tazz, well your website is still up and running but there's no menu and the images don't click frwd or back. I see you're using Xara Web Desisner MX Premium. I can't remember but does this use Internet Explorer to preview the site? If so, IE is dead and may be one cause of the error. I take it you've rebooted your PC & Router?
    Not exactly the same error but try some of the suggestions at:
    https://softwarekeep.com/blog/how-to...n-your-browser

You could just save your index page as a xar page and upload it here so we can have a look.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Tazz, well your website is still up and running but there's no menu and the images don't click frwd or back. I see you're using Xara Web Desisner MX Premium. I can't remember but does this use Internet Explorer to preview the site? If so, IE is dead and may be one cause of the error. I take it you've rebooted your PC & Router?
    Not exactly the same error but try some of the suggestions at:
    https://softwarekeep.com/blog/how-to...n-your-browser

You could just save your index page as a xar page and upload it here so we can have a look.
    Hi Egg, good to see you. No, I am using: Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946 DL x64 Feb 7 2023.
    Acorn has been assisting as you can see up there. To go a step further beyond, just the website. ALL my websites are doing the same thing from within Xara. Also, to test it further, I went into the "HELP" tab in the program, and the dropdown box, to "MORE XARA DESIGNER PRO X" seen in the attachment, and I get the same error message when I click on any of those options such as "Xara Designer Pro X Home", "Online Forum", etc. So it seems like the entire Xara program will not or CAN NOT reach the outside world for whatever reason. Except, when I publish a site, it publishes perfectly with no issues at all.
    Tazz

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XaraError2.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	134535

Strange. I'd suggest uninstalling / reinstalling Xara Designer Pro X 19 (rembering to run as Admin).
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Strange. I'd suggest uninstalling / reinstalling Xara Designer Pro X 19 (rembering to run as Admin).
    Yea it's so weird. And it just started a few days ago. In all these years of using Xara products, I've never experienced this before. Well thank you for looking into it Egg, I appreciate you guys that have WAY more knowledge, and can help us guys, less knowledgeable in fixing issues, but experts in breaking stuff haha.

Ok, so I reinstalled the program and BAM, it did the exact same issue. So I'm not sure what's going on.