Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Can't find key shortcut for Increase W or H

Hi

Is it just me but I can't find a shortcut key for increase/decrease width or height by one - the same as clicking the <> cuttons next to width or height on the toolbar.

Am I missing something or is such a simple control not present?

Cheers

Chris

Default Re: Can't find key shortcut for Increase W or H

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinski View Post
    Hi
    Is it just me but I can't find a shortcut key for increase/decrease width or height by one - the same as clicking the <> cuttons next to width or height on the toolbar.
    Am I missing something or is such a simple control not present?
    Cheers Chris
    Chris, there never has been such a QuicKey option.

You could use an application like AutoHotKeys to pretend to 'click' the cc_SmallButton6,7,8 or 9 to provide this capability. You might also then need to control the origin from where the scaling occurs.
    People would probably then ask for the change to only apply from a corner, the middle or some other random point and possibly with different values and units.

One trick to know is that you can add or subtract values typed into the co-ordinates and W & H boxes and Xara does the calculation: '256px + 42pt' works as does '300pt + -2341' (the last is implicit millipoints).
    I find this can be useful but is quite limiting as you also have to juggle with: separate Objects; Toggle Lock aspect; Toggle Scale line widths; Set Origin position; Input any de/increment value in its own units in the W & H or co-ordinate boxes.

The simplest might be to set the grid to (10, 10) and toggle Snap to Grid. Clearly, objects would have to be positioned on and have integral numeric dimensions to start with.

Not a solution, just options.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat