Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Xara AI

Default Xara AI

i received an Email from Xara Cloud promoting Xara AI. I was wondering if anybody has tried it, to see how well it works? The ad was promoting the AI to write sales copy for use in Xara Templates and Web sites.

I have not played with any of the AI programs out there. I am wondering if Xara is just licensing somebody's else's AI platform or is this something they developed?

Ray

Default Re: Xara AI

AFAIK it is for the cloud-based product only. There was a question about this posted around a month ago with more details. Acorn's take was not overly enthusiastic. Maybe someone will remember where the post was.

@Ray, you have to ask yourself "Is this just marketing or a must-have feature?"
    In it's present form, it is a rabbit hole awaiting your foot.
    Design first then use the Xara AI to validate your efforts.

Remember who is the master:

I just asked Bing AI: "describe yourself by asking yourself to describe yourself"

I got this answer: "I'm an AI developed by Microsoft, designed to assist users by providing information, answering questions, and engaging in conversation. I use technology such as GPT-4 and Bing Search to provide relevant and useful responses. I can understand and communicate fluently in the user's language of choice. However, I must clarify that I don't have personal experiences or emotions, and I don't have access to personal data about individuals unless it has been shared with me in the course of our conversation. I'm designed to respect user privacy and confidentiality. My primary function is to provide assistance and make the interaction as helpful and enjoyable as possible for the user. Is there anything specific you would like to know or discuss?"

After a few seconds it deleted all the above and changed its answer to "My mistake, I can’t give a response to that right now. Let’s try a different topic." (in Apple System font)

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I use ChatGPT 3.5 (the free one) because it's built into my email client.

Try making a list of keywords you would like to use for your blurb, and then ask ChatGPT to write (number) paragraphs mainly aimed at (target audience) using (1st/3rd) person. I often find it comes back as the awful, generic marketing speech you can see on most corporate websites. You can then ask ChatGPT to re-write in a less formal manner, or to add/subtract certain points.

As mine is built into my email client, I find it's easier to use than opening a search engine. Little things like 'what are 4 contrasting colours to hex #033d82?' I can then say darker, lighter, or whatever.

If you want coding for a specific thing on a website, or a Linux command, or whatever, ChatGPT will be far quicker that any search engine, and you can edit your questions on the fly.

Do you remember Google, Yahoo, Bing...all those 'search engine things'? No, because I'm not a caveman. People in 5 years time, probably.

I just read a piece about the feedback loop nature of AI [sorry its not out in the wild yet so can't link] - very interesting - how does AI prevent itself from eating its own tail, from using itself for it's own references over and over until originality gets sqeezed out and we are just left with banality
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I just read a piece about the feedback loop nature of AI [sorry its not out in the wild yet so can't link] - very interesting - how does AI prevent itself from eating its own tail, from using itself for it's own references over and over until originality gets sqeezed out and we are just left with banality
    AI must be set to be limiting as in Recursion :: If you still don't get it, see: "Recursion". Tail-eating AI would follow Recursion :: see: "Recursion".

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

ok I guess, on the technical level which I will have to take at face value, but what about the wider picture

the more AI is used as a tool to produce something new, the more incestuous it becomes, the more watered down the result over time, the less new it actually is

that said artists nick left right and centre but artists adopt creative treatments whereas, for all it's hype, AI is at heart painting-by-numbers

if it were only used in creative situations to rough out ideas maybe not so bad, but that isn't going to happen, it already hasn't

threshold levels shift; what was pretty amazing today becomes yesterday's news; it is like a drug, sooner or later there will be an almighty hangover when it can no longer pull unexpected rabbits out of hats

there is a point of view that says AI can learn to be creative; I'm an animator, I can see AI being 'creative' in the same way that bugs bunny appears to walk and talk - but that is the illusion of moving pictures, and any creativity displayed by AI is an illusion too; no matter how good it is, it is still painting by numbers underneath
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

All things considered, this is just the beginning. There are various quirks with ChatGPT. There is a sponsor on NPR (National Public Radio) that advertises a ChatGPT-based product that among other things, they claim is hallucination free!