Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Header Logo and company name only partially displayed in preview mode.

Hi Everyone. I'm Simon, and Iv'e been using Designer Pro X 19.0.0.64291 since May 2022. While I do love the software, it can be frustrating at times.
    Often I have tried for weeks to be able to do something, only to find out how later on the internet, or laterly here. But this time, after one week, I am stumped ! My website looks good on the pasteboard, up until I preview it. At that point the logo and company name get cut off, and only display 60% of the lower portion. I deconstructed the header piece by piece. taking a look at all the elements that go to make it up. Ive also compared it with the header from the template I used, apollo. I cannot see any difference whatsoever. Nothing I can discern is causing the problem.
    I cleared browser caches, checked to see what layers all elements were on, etc. Meanwhile, I am now having to start rebuilding the website again.(all 17 pages of them...so far. In the new incarnation the headers of both pages thus far recreated are displaying perfectly. What could I have previously been doing wrong ? If I could learn what I did wrong in the first instance, then maybe I could save the first incarnation of my website. Could anyone please offer any advice ?

Default Re: Header Logo and company name only partially displayed in preview mode.

Simon, welcome to TalkGraphics.

The only 'apollo' template I can find is the Apollo Theme, which is a Print template. This is not a web template and as such will not have MouseOver and MouseOff layers.

If something is cut off, showing the lower part only of a header logo then the rest is probably off the page.
    At some point you may have moved the Page background Rectangle up so check what the co-ordinates of the logo are.

Without seeing your original, we can only speculate.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Header Logo and company name only partially displayed in preview mode.

Hi Acorn, and thank you for your welcome message. And wow, your response was super quick ! I made a mistake when I specified the website template I am using. I am actually using the Trader themed website.This started out as an 8 page website, but is now 17 pages.

I will try to understand what you mean when you refer to moving the retangle. and will move it a little to see what effect this has.

You mentioned seeing my original. How would I go forward in sending this to you please ? The same problem manifests on all 17 pages identically. Thank you so much

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Baber View Post
    You mentioned seeing my original. How would I go forward in sending this to you please ? The same problem manifests on all 17 pages identically. Thank you so much
    Simon

• Copy your entire design file, rename it to TG Test, or anything really. You'll have a file like TG Test.xar.
    • Ensure you are working on this file and not your original:
      • Delete all but the first page.
      • Save TG Test.
      • Close Xara.

• In this Thread:
    • Click the Reply button.
    • Next, click the Go Advanced button.
    • The toolbar now has a Paperclip icon, click on this.
    • In the File Upload Manager, click the Add Files button.
    • Pick TG Test.xar.
    • Follow the instruction, click the Insert In-line button.
    • Complete your Reply.
    • Close the pop-up window.
    • Sit back.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn.

Thank you so much for taking the time to type those instructions for me. It makes me feel part of the community. And when I'm in a better position with my abilities with Xara software, I will make a point of helping others who may make enquiries.

Hopefully you now have the file, marked TG Test. I followed your instruction exactly, I think. The only thing that stumped me was after I had attached the file,as it said "click the Insert In-line button". This instruction made me think that I was attaching the same file twice. However, I followed the instructions.

The file I sent is a copy of the original, containing the problem with displaying correctly during preview mode. I did what you said and deleted all pages(16 of them), except for the first page.

Thank you again.

Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Baber View Post
    Hi Acorn.

Thank you so much for taking the time to type those instructions for me. It makes me feel part of the community. And when I'm in a better position with my abilities with Xara software, I will make a point of helping others who may make enquiries.

Hopefully you now have the file, marked TG Test. I followed your instruction exactly, I think. The only thing that stumped me was after I had attached the file,as it said "click the Insert In-line button". This instruction made me think that I was attaching the same file twice. However, I followed the instructions.

The file I sent is a copy of the original, containing the problem with displaying correctly during preview mode. I did what you said and deleted all pages(16 of them), except for the first page.

Thank you again.

Simon.
    Simon, one of us got something wrong as there is no attachment.

Now you have your TG Test.xar, I'll take you on a trip to the dark side.

Reply again in this Thread. This time, click on the Insert image (tree) button and locate and pick your XAR file.
    Despite saying it is for images, the Xar will be uploaded.

Acorn

Hi Simon & welcome to TG.

As there's been a couple of members asking how to attach a file on TG here's a video I made years ago:

VIDEO
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg Bramhill.

Thank you for your welcome message. And thank you for the video showing how to upload a file.
    Iv'e watched the video twice, and will do the same again when I get back home from the hopital.
    I feel confident that this time I will successfully upload my file.

@Simon, I hope your trip to hospital was all right. Some advice. Do all your exercises as advised and treat the computer as a treat and not a crutch.
    Your health is far more important.

Acorn

Hi Acorn.

I went and looked at the video link thar Egg Bramhill kindly provided for me. In the video he says hit "Reply to Thread", whereas previously I hit "Reply", which is the first button under your instructional message. This time I will follow the video instuctions as set out. Hopefully this will send the website page....I'm crossing my fingers !
    Simon.
    Attached Files Attached Files