Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thumbs up Re: trying to attach a file

@ChrisM, you are too kind. The upload of the site is down to 1.1MB, 9% of the original. I thought the site too far off to rescue.

I wouldn't have gone to such effort as I abhor any site that proselytises and asks for money at the same time.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: trying to attach a file

Did my link not link?

Thank you for fixing it. I was oblivious.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Did my link not link? Thank you for fixing it. I was oblivious.
    Chris, it was point to the TG site...

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I did it. Should that affect the two 'buttons' on the mobile variant? I have transitions on most of my sites and all the buttons are working on them??? (on the mobile variant... but they don't have 'links' like these on them either)

Just tried the mobile V.... no change even after doing a 'reload'.
    Last edited by Songweaver; 31 January 2024 at 08:28 PM.

Acorn, I'm sorry you feel this way ( "I abhor any site that proselytizes and asks for money at the same time".) These are good people. They aren't trying to 'change anyone's mind'. They have a belief, as do you, which is our God given right. My concern is why a feature on a site isn't working properly. If you are offended, then don't help, that's also your right. Surely there will be someone out there that has a desire to help a person in need with no ulterior motive.

Chris.... I finally got the links to work on the mobile! Praise God. It has been over two weeks and finally a breakthrough .
    I can get it to work on Yahoo, Bing, Firefox, and Chrome. I have no idea when or how it changed but I suspect that I hadn't refreshed the Chrome and so it was bringing up the 'old' version. Thank you for all your help on this and I hope to learn a great deal more in the future from the forum. You guys are special indeed. Guys like me have a long way to go to catch up, but we are trying. Again, thanks

Acorn, I hope to learn more in the future from people like you. I hope our differences don't get in the way of that. The links are working now and it's probably due to my not having refreshed my browser after certain changes were made. Novices like me aren't on your level. We need mentors and understanding to overcome our disadvantage. Thank you for offering the help you did thus far. Praise God for knowledgeable people that are willing to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Songweaver View Post
    Acorn, I hope to learn more in the future from people like you. I hope our differences don't get in the way of that. The links are working now and it's probably due to my not having refreshed my browser after certain changes were made. Novices like me aren't on your level. We need mentors and understanding to overcome our disadvantage. Thank you for offering the help you did thus far. Praise God for knowledgeable people that are willing to help.
    Songweaver, I have found that you did not listen at any point to the immediate TG assistance offered:

Acting on any one of these would have solved your problem. The links have always worked, even Matt in Xara advised this.

I actually took the time you review the content of your site and found that its 'word' was refuting all other faiths, hence 'proselytises' (with an 's'). Our own beliefs may or may not have 'differences' but the one difference I have is that I would not force mine onto another person. There is a real difference between a belief and a faith. The danger comes when you mistake one for another.

@Chris M, your separate ask about site refreshes being no longer necessary seems to be disproved with this case (https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...o-More-CTRL-F5). Songweaver is using the latest Xara HTML Filter.

Acorn

"I actually took the time you review the content of your site and found that its 'word' was refuting all other faiths, hence 'proselytises' (with an 's'). Our own beliefs may or may not have 'differences' but the one difference I have is that I would not force mine onto another person. There is a real difference between a belief and a faith. The danger comes when you mistake one for another."

I have also looked at the Eldon Nazarene site and I don't see anywhere that they are 'forcing' anyone to change their faith. They offer their belief. One can accept or reject it according to what they choose.
    However, I suppose we can agree to disagree. The point is getting the mistakes or ignorant choices I make repaired for the client.
    Thank you so much for the help. I look forward to more healthy exchanges in the future.