Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default trying to attach a file

I am not succeeding at trying to upload a file for the thread... When I pick a file and it shows up in the window, I click 'upload' and wait for it to stop buffering. There is nothing changed on the windows except that the file disappears. what should I see at this point? and where do I go to find where the file uploaded?
    I need to accomplish this so I can send a file to the forum to fix a buttons issue.

Default Re: trying to attach a file

The file you are pointing might be too large. There are file size limits depending on the type of file. I use Transfer Now https://www.transfernow.net/en to create links to large files. It's free and might help you here.

Using the 'Insert Image' button also works for xar/web files.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Songweaver3.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	134484

What email do I use to transfer the file on Transfer Now? I loaded it and have the file ready...??

Can you give me instructions on just how to use the 'insert image' button to get the file to you? I see how to get to the file but I'm not understanding how to get it on this reply in the forum...

You should click the icon as pictured above.
    Click 'Choose File' and browse to the file you want to upload.
    Wait for 5 seconds or so for the system to do its thing, then click 'Upload'.
    Wait until the file appears on the forum. It may take up to a minute if your file is large, or your Internet speed is slow.

What size is the file you're trying to upload?

Sorry. I forgot to check back. Use the Create a Link option. Upload the file and post the link here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	create a link.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	163.4 KB 
ID:	134487  

Default trying to attach a file

https://www.transfernow.net/dl/20240129c4C4uIrq I may have done it!
    Here is the file to the site www.eldonnazarene.faith. I have 2 buttons on the mobile variant that aren't working. ('Live Sermons' and 'Previous Sermons') The buttons work fine on the main variant but when clicked on in the mobile variant they each open to a window with the link at the top and several choices listed below. (copy link, open in new tab, open in Incognito, save image, open image) I can pick copy link and get the link to open correctly but it doesn't work like the links on the Main variant.
    I hope this gives enough information to solve this issue. The elderly members of this church rely on their phones to see the services at this church but I have not been able to figure this out for over two weeks.
    Last edited by Acorn; 29 January 2024 at 07:34 PM.

There appears to be nothing wrong with the Variant Links. The boxes are not really buttons but they both jump to a different website so your viewers will be left high and dry if they close the viewed page as your site is no longer there.

I suspect you simply need to clear you cache on the browser you have been using by pressing Ctrl+F5. It is probably harder for clearing the cache on a phone so you need to use a web search to identify what method is needed for your own phone.

Your TransferNow download link does not work.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

To Acorn's point about links taking the visitor away from the page, when you create an external link, use the Open Link in New Tab or Window option. This leaves your site in place and opens the link separately.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Window.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	134488