Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Supersite Click-Through URLs.

Hi Everyone

I am working on an online interactive presentation project which can only be exported as a Supersite from Xara but, i have issues with Xara's Supersite click-through URLs (xl_xr) and wanted to know if newer versions of Xara export Supersite differently from older versions?

Alternatively i could make thousands of screen captures and use JavaScript to read images from a folder but that might not work well at the end and certainly don't want to risk the time if i could do it with Xara.

Would be great to here from anyone who recently exported a Supersite using the latest version of Xara if these have remained the same or not.

Thanks in advance

Default Re: Xara Supersite Click-Through URLs.

Welcome to TalkGraphics. I am not sure but check back. One of the more savvy members will have the answer.

@syllo, the Supersite (now an Instant Transition) is still a single HTML file and each 'page' URL is actually separate sections in the file, accessed through a target, #xl_xr_page_<Page filename>.

What do you mean by 'click-through'?
    Can you explain a bit more as to what your issues are with this?

I would be loath to try building a site with thousands of screenshots, all called from a single loaded HTML file.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Arcon for your feedback, after some research, i finally understood that this is normal for a Supersite as it's named anchor or fragment are used to link to part or section of the same web page.

My issue however, is that they are simply too ugly for URLs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by syllo View Post
    Thanks Arcon for your feedback, after some research, i finally understood that this is normal for a Supersite as it's named anchor or fragment are used to link to part or section of the same web page.
    My issue however, is that they are simply too ugly for URLs.
    Thanks
    All good. Why do you think you must use a Supersite?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I am creating an online animated presentation and want to take advantage of the controls so users can go back and forth at their own pace which would not work with a normal Xara website. However, i could get the same results by stacking layers on each page and use custom arrows / navigation to go back and forth but that proved somewhat heavy on Xara and decided to go with the Supersite instead.

Quote Originally Posted by syllo View Post
    I am creating an online animated presentation and want to take advantage of the controls so users can go back and forth at their own pace which would not work with a normal Xara website. However, i could get the same results by stacking layers on each page and use custom arrows / navigation to go back and forth but that proved somewhat heavy on Xara and decided to go with the Supersite instead.
    Thank you that is clearer. You could always try a Presentation website - even more controls.

How many pages?

Acorn